Hardlines going across stock TMIC not connected
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Hardlines going across stock TMIC not connected within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; 2004 Stock WRX Ever since my clutch install from a few weeks ago, I've been having random issues with my ...

Hardlines going across stock TMIC not connected

2004 Stock WRX

Ever since my clutch install from a few weeks ago, I've been having random issues with my vehicle. It was done at a local shop, and I find myself cleaning up after their mess here and there. That aside, here is what I noticed:

When replacing my spark plugs yesterday, I noticed what looked like a hose connected to nothing on the driver's side, that I could only really see with my washer fluid resevoir removed. Traced it back, and figured out where it belongs. On the hardlines that go across the front of the TMIC, on the passenger side you have what comes off the inlet, and then the one that comes from down under the intake manifold somewhere. They join together into that single line on the driver's side. The rubber hose off the hard line on the driver's side connects to a little elbow, that then curves under a bunch of other lines, and then - on my car right now - goes to nothing. It's connected to the 180 degree elbow, and then... nothing. So I'm thinking that I'm definitely missing another hose that would go from there to somewhere else. Anyone care to let me know what I'm missing?

Sorry for the noob question, I'm just searching in circles here and everything seems to keep coming back to A/O Seperators, hybrid systems, etc, but not where it goes in stock trim. Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Take pics. It is kind of hard to follow that narrative without some visuals.

It sounds like it is not connected to the head breather ad it comes off the hard line. Not sure if I followed that correctly though.
    Contributing unsolicited, worthless opinions since 9/10...
    The project I spend all my money on.... <---- Click it

Yeah, sorry about that. I'm at work, and I can't get out to my car right now, but in this picture which I found online (sorry to whoever I stole it from), check out where I circled in red. At the end of that hardline, the rubber hose is there, but the other end of THAT rubber hose is connected to nothing. Just off into atmosphere.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0875.jpg  

Ya, the other end of that circled line connects to the head breather on the driver's side. It may be hard to see but its right on top of the head around the middle. Get in there with a flashlight and you'll find it.

Thanks a lot, I will do it tonight. Is there any chance that driving around with that off for a couple of weeks (which I did before I found it), could have damaged anything?

Not unless any debris fell into the open breather hole. All the system does is introduce fresh air into the heads, then eventually into crankcase, then out again through the crackcase vent. I wouldn't really worry about it personally.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.