inconsistant boost
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on inconsistant boost within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hello i have recently been having inconsistant boost with my 02 wrx .. mods are aem short ram intake, godspeed ...

inconsistant boost

Hello i have recently been having inconsistant boost with my 02 wrx .. mods are aem short ram intake, godspeed turbo inlet, megan racing down and up pipe, flowmaster exhaust, and a turboxs bpv.. i am running stage 2 93 tune with 93 gas.. i was getting about 15.2 boost a week ago however my target boost still stated 16.5 .. i am now only getting around 13.4 psi and sometimes only 12.. i understand these cars are tempermental when it comes to temperature.. temps this week have been in the 50s and 60s .. i checked all my vacuum lines and reclamped everything down .. i am running out of ideas.. help please, thank you in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Pressure test to check for boost leaks?
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Is this always in the same gear? Do you always start a pull from the same rpm? I've noticed that I won't make the same boost in 1st as I will in 4th. It really depends on load and can even vary a bit in the same gear.
    Contributing unsolicited, worthless opinions since 9/10...
    The project I spend all my money on.... <---- Click it

Yea higher gears seem to generate more boost .. but lately that hasnt been the case .. it still pulls hard but im not hitting what i should be .. i have considered a presssure test but not sure how much those run

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.