inconsistant boost

This is a discussion on inconsistant boost within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hello i have recently been having inconsistant boost with my 02 wrx .. mods are aem short ram intake, godspeed ...

inconsistant boost

Hello i have recently been having inconsistant boost with my 02 wrx .. mods are aem short ram intake, godspeed turbo inlet, megan racing down and up pipe, flowmaster exhaust, and a turboxs bpv.. i am running stage 2 93 tune with 93 gas.. i was getting about 15.2 boost a week ago however my target boost still stated 16.5 .. i am now only getting around 13.4 psi and sometimes only 12.. i understand these cars are tempermental when it comes to temperature.. temps this week have been in the 50s and 60s .. i checked all my vacuum lines and reclamped everything down .. i am running out of ideas.. help please, thank you in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Pressure test to check for boost leaks?
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Is this always in the same gear? Do you always start a pull from the same rpm? I've noticed that I won't make the same boost in 1st as I will in 4th. It really depends on load and can even vary a bit in the same gear.
    Contributing unsolicited, worthless opinions since 9/10...
    The project I spend all my money on.... <---- Click it

Yea higher gears seem to generate more boost .. but lately that hasnt been the case .. it still pulls hard but im not hitting what i should be .. i have considered a presssure test but not sure how much those run