seat squeaking

This is a discussion on seat squeaking within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; 2011 wrx base model. The drivers seat cushion is starting to squeak while braking, and turning. Has anyone else had ...

seat squeaking

2011 wrx base model. The drivers seat cushion is starting to squeak while braking, and turning. Has anyone else had this problem? Is it something that can be fixed? Thanks for any input.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    It is not uncommon. There are two known causes.

If you have leather, clean and condition the side leather...including the side between the seat and the center console.

Other issue, is the seat bolts being loose. If neither of those fix the squeak, take it to the dealer as there might be something in the seat or seat rails that needs to be fixed, it would be under warranty.
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

I checked bolts, they are tight. It sounds like the springs inside the seat cushion. Guess I'll have to bring it into the dealership.

My seat has the squeakes too, after I broke the car in with the woman .

I Support ClubWRX
    pictures or it didn't happen
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

Well I could recreate the scene, but I am actually taking it to Subaru so they can look at it. If it's damaged because of this, then no more driver seat action .

Same issue, 2011 Premium (cloth). Dealer ordered new bolsters, getting them installed this weekend under warrenty.

If your seat squeaks, lose weight

That or move the action to the back seat
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Pdot View Post
    Well I could recreate the scene, but I am actually taking it to Subaru so they can look at it. If it's damaged because of this, then no more driver seat action .
    Actually wondering why you didn't use the passenger seat anyway at least...???
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I recently dropped by seat height adjustment allll the way down (lumbar feels so much better that way) and it started squeaking. I raised it just one notch and it went away. Might work for you.

I'll give that a try. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    If your seat squeaks, lose weight

That or move the action to the back seat
    LOL, I could have predicted that answer was coming, but im not overweight nor is the woman. If you think about it, it's 300 LBS total rocking...probably not the best for the seat. The passenger seat sits lower, so that's a good idea .

Lower all the way, raise all way the pit back to what position you had b4, also put leather cleaner between leather and plastic. Should fix problem
    11 SWP LMTD Hatch SPT Exhaust, Kartboy STS w/ Bushings, 30% Tint, Red tails, Stage 1 TP Tune

I have a different problem with a creaking rear driver side seat. It's definitely the latch that holds the seat in place when upright. I put the seat down and no creaking.

Anyone had a problem like this. This is a 2009 WRX. Anyone had a similar problem? I took it to a body shop and they could not promise that they could fix it....
    BOOMBOTIX
    Audio For Life in Motion

My WRX made for everyday rally

Mine creaks every time I push the clutch in

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk