Dealer won't replace engine after destroying it
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Dealer won't replace engine after destroying it within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So I recently bought my 04 sti and it was running fine. Then there was this pinging sound in the ...

Unhappy Dealer won't replace engine after destroying it

So I recently bought my 04 sti and it was running fine. Then there was this pinging sound in the engine compartment so I took it to a dealer. They said that it was an internal engine failure and that the engine would need a tear down. So it was done and they came back telling me that it needed a new clutch and timing belt (not internal engine failure). So they put everything back together including new clutch, timing belt, seals, gaskets and pulleys and there was still a pinging sound. My fiance and I determined that it was from the aftermarket headers banging off the frame. So we had the dealer swap out the headers for the stock ones. No more pinging. Took the car home and the next day there was a coolant leak. Towed back to dealer and they said that it was not something that they would have touched while working on the car, which I found hard to believe but whatever. They replaced the hose for free. 700 miles later the engine seized. I took the car to another dealer this time and they told me that a piston melted inside the engine and that I would need a whole new engine. They also told me that my car only had 1/2qt of oil in it and that the previous dealer over torqued the engine when they put it back together. The car was not leaking oil. The car was not burning oil. There was no oil anywhere, including the engine apparently. There were also not engine lights on to indicate overheating or oil problems. So I called the other dealer and they said that my car lost 4.5 qts of oil from a cobb tune, down pipe, intake, and the aftermarket clutch and headers(which had already been swapped out). So essentially because the car is modified the oil just disappeared in less than 700 miles from the last time the dealership saw the car and 2600 miles from last oil change. Any comments on that one?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Yup, sounds like a Subaru dealer.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

I Support ClubWRX
    Hoe. Lee. ****

im at a loss for words and i cant even tell where the bs starts. Wtf you gunna do now?
    '12 STi stage 2

Origin GT = impretzel
    Bf4

-JJ

I Support ClubWRX
    He's gonna buy a motor and put it in because what's he going to do? Fight a million dollar dealership on a normal salary?

Time for a build thread!

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by T0rque View Post
    He's gonna buy a motor and put it in because what's he going to do? Fight a million dollar dealership on a normal salary?

Time for a build thread!
    He's a she but aside from that im consulting with a mechanical fraud lawyer in la

I Support ClubWRX
    Hopefully it works out for you.

The tune & addition of aftermarket parts was done after the dealership screwed everything up,correct?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Since you're in SoCal, would you mind posting which dealership this was?

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    Hopefully it works out for you.

The tune & addition of aftermarket parts was done after the dealership screwed everything up,correct?
    No, those were in there before and my car never ate oil until after they touched it. I'm actually back with stock header and clutch which the dealer put in for me.

It was southcoast subaru in costa mesa

Sorry to hear that man..hope it works out
    I have a low Reynolds number

TP Stage 1 - 2012 WRX Premium 5-Door SWP
    Pics!

What I'm guessing is when they took out your motor for a internal inspection and drained the oil out and forgot to put the oil back in and putted everything back on worry free, it's a simple mistake but could cost you an arm and a leg but hope everything goes well with you and your subie

Bend over and put your wallet on the counter.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.