coolant leak

This is a discussion on coolant leak within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So I'm home on vacation and i discover a leak. My bug started to overheat so I stopped numerous times ...

coolant leak

So I'm home on vacation and i discover a leak. My bug started to overheat so I stopped numerous times to cool it down til I got home. Now i am at a loss. The radiator is fine so is the coolant hoses. The lines on top are not leaking. After some investigating i lifted the car up and removed the bumper and splash guards. I can not see where exactly the leak is coming from all i know is that it is in between the passenger fender and the motor. I can't see over nor under the vehicle to see where it is exactly coming from, any suggestions? once the car is warm and running it pours out. thanks in advance. Oh and if you don't know I drive a 2002 wry wagon. Im figuring that since the car has been sitting for the last 6 months maybe a hose rooted out. the only things that has been done since i got home for vacation is clutch install and oil change I've only driven it 213 miles.
    278whp 286tq blouch 16g @ 17.5psi
    "My 02 wagon build" http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/everyd...gon-build.html
    Operation Iraqi Freedom x3
    WRX wagon MAFIA #68

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Numerous coolant lines there, sorry, you'll have to ID the source and go from there.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    My advice...fill up the coolant system then run the car. You'll be able to either see coolant leaking or see where the car starts smoking.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

My old civic did this when it had a pinhole leak.
    Rev the gas a little and I'll pour out even more.