Tire Pressure Monitor Sensor light on
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Tire Pressure Monitor Sensor light on within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So i just took off my winter rims and tires and put the summer (stock) ones back on. My TPMS ...

Tire Pressure Monitor Sensor light on

So i just took off my winter rims and tires and put the summer (stock) ones back on. My TPMS is still on. i called the dealer and they said its a $60 fee to reset the TPMS. does anyone know of a way to tun this light off or anything? i have a cobb ap, can i use that as a code reader to reset the sensor?

thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The Cobb AP might be able to do it, but so will unpluging the battery and pressing on the brake a few times.

I Support ClubWRX
    nice to know .....the cobb ap does not seem able to do this though

$60 is redic.....my dealer will do it for free
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

I Support ClubWRX
    disconnecting the bat and pressing the brake......that won't change your tune other than resetting the multiplier right?
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

I Support ClubWRX
    no it wont hurt your tune. If you have air in your tires that is greater than 30 and lower than 44, after driving a few miles the light should go off on its own.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

^^ that. If your tire pressure is correct the light will shut off with driving.

Not sure what the dealer would charge for. Maybe if the tires are low they will charge you for air. Hahaha
    Contributing unsolicited, worthless opinions since 9/10...
    The project I spend all my money on.... <---- Click it

I Support ClubWRX
    Did your winter tires have TPMS?According to your initial post I would think not.

The system is still setup to sense the TPMS on your stock summer tires,which it will do.Like mentioned It may take a few miles but it will sense the stock sensors.

Also as mentioned ,check your tire pressure.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    I switched from my winter wheels to my summers (stock) today.....both sets have TMPS.....and my light came on. I checked the pressure, and did the bat disconnect trick twice....no dice.

Anyone else have another way? I really don't feel like going back to the dealer soon.
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

Yeah I tried disconnecting the battery and that didn't seem to work either. So im open to any other suggestions.

This happened to me, Just check the air and drive it a few days. Maybe call Discount tire or somewhere else before going to the stealer. I also heard from my tire guy that both sets will have to have sensors in them or they will not service them. More Goverment control***********good luck D
    STAGE 1 IS MORE FUN BUT STAGE 2 THERE'S MORE TO DO

It is to my understanding that Subaru's system can only store 4 TPMS monitors in its memory. The monitors are specifically stored (i.e. the frequency in which they transmit the data to the cars computer), therefore if you install the winter wheels with the sensors then the system has to be reprogrammed for the new sensors. Now put the summers back on and reprogram again. I could be wrong but did a little research prioe to putting my winter wheels together and decided not to get the TPMS sensors install and just live with the light.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Sworks View Post
    It is to my understanding that Subaru's system can only store 4 TPMS monitors in its memory. The monitors are specifically stored (i.e. the frequency in which they transmit the data to the cars computer), therefore if you install the winter wheels with the sensors then the system has to be reprogrammed for the new sensors. Now put the summers back on and reprogram again.
    ^ True. My dealer does it for free, twice a year....bacause they <3 me. If you have them jot down the codes, there is a little doo-hicky that you can buy to do it yourself. Here is more information than you'll ever want on the subject - TPMS Reset Tool - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by lokey View Post
    ^ True. My dealer does it for free, twice a year....bacause they <3 me. If you have them jot down the codes, there is a little doo-hicky that you can buy to do it yourself. Here is more information than you'll ever want on the subject - TPMS Reset Tool - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
    Thank you for the great link.If you don't mind I'll borrow it.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah, I saw that last night while searching after posting......it is a nice idea, but being that it is $150, and I'm a cheap bastid, I'm having a hard time justifying the purchase for something I would use twice a year
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonWRX View Post
    Yeah, I saw that last night while searching after posting......it is a nice idea, but being that it is $150, and I'm a cheap bastid, I'm having a hard time justifying the purchase for something I would use twice a year
    That's easy for you (and me) to say. Our dealers aren't charging us 60 bucks twice a year.
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast