Bung Plugs for O2 Sensor!

This is a discussion on Bung Plugs for O2 Sensor! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hey, i have an 03 WRX. The previous owner decided to take the cat off of the exhaust system and ...

Arrow Bung Plugs for O2 Sensor!

hey, i have an 03 WRX. The previous owner decided to take the cat off of the exhaust system and now it's time for me to get it inspected. I was talking to some salesman at an AutoZone and he said to get Bung Plugs to bypass the "Check Engine" light, and it'll pass inspection even though it's technicall "illegal." He explained everything to me and i know what they do, i just need to know what size i need to get, or if they're all standard which i doubt. HELP! Inspection ends at the END OF THIS MONTH ):

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

A quick 10 min...ok I lied 15 min search says you need 2 18mm anti-foulers.
    I hope you don't have to smog check it, cause NO way its gonna pass man,

P.S.
    QUIT POLLUTING MY AIR!

okay, thank you very much! i was looking around and i couldn't find anything, so i just went here. Do you know of any reliable websites to buy them off of? I'm checking ebay as we speak, and not many advertise as Anti-foulers. I'm assuming most are? thanks again!

P.s.-I'm sorry! i just need a quick fix for right now, low on cash and my Rex is my only form of transportation

I Support ClubWRX
    They are made by the company HELP!.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Ok, thanks to both of you. I'm pretty sure that in every inspection & emissions there is a smog check, going to talk to my guy tomorrow. If this is true, i know that bung plugs won't do the trick, the next best thing to do is drop a cat on the exhaust, correct? Or do you guys know of any other way to bypass this?

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Get a stock DP and swap it in. People used to practically give them away. I still have mine in my basement just in case, but most people sell them cheap.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post
    Get a stock DP and swap it in. People used to practically give them away. I still have mine in my basement just in case, but most people sell them cheap.
    Okay, thank you. Just wondering though, what does DP mean? not too associated with all the acronyms yet

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyDan View Post
    Okay, thank you. Just wondering though, what does DP mean? not too associated with all the acronyms yet
    DP = downpipe
    Contributing unsolicited, worthless opinions since 9/10...
    The project I spend all my money on.... <---- Click it

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by OnlyDan View Post
    The downpipe is actually two pieces in stock form but usually one in aftermarket (what you have). I forgot to point out you need to stay out of hard boost if you put the stock one on temporarily to pass. Most people would have put a different map ("tune") on it to increase the boost after they took out the cats. If you want to put it back to stock permanently you would need a stock or "stage I" map.

There is a labeled pic of the exhaust here:

Exhaust FAQ

Having "inherited" a stock car, you should figure out what they did and if it is appropriate. To understand the very basics of the various parts and how they should be combined, start here:
    First Modifications - what to do and not to do

The stickies here and the NASIOC FAQ section have much more detailed explanations.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

I Support ClubWRX
    A ECU reflash is another option to fix the issue.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S