Airbags Failure
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Airbags Failure within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey I got an accident this morning I hit the concrete wall on the middle of the highway I was ...

Airbags Failure

Hey I got an accident this morning I hit the concrete wall on the middle of the highway I was going 60-65mph, lost control and did a 180. I got 3 points of impact and the car is very damaged my question is how come the airbags never deployed I was lucky I wasen't hurt and neither my passenger but things could have been real nasty

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Wow, glad you and your passenger are okay!

Airbag deployment depends on where the sensors are, and where/how the car was hit. If you can please post pictures.

Didnt had a chance the towing was leaving when I was filling the police report but first point of impact was the front driver side and than the front passenger side and than the rear passenger side all the maintenance on this car was made at my subaru dealer its very odd

I Support ClubWRX
    Airbag deployment depends on the rate of deceleration. You failed to meet the minimum rate for deployment so you didn't get a burning hot bag of gas in your face. I'm not sure why you're disappointed.

Im not disapointed just very curious because my car is probably totaled the hood is bend in half and the rear suspension scrapped the hit was very strong if I was going 5 mph faster I would be in the hospital probably even the cops said I was lucky I was not injured

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Akufen View Post
    Im not disapointed just very curious because my car is probably totaled the hood is bend in half and the rear suspension scrapped the hit was very strong if I was going 5 mph faster I would be in the hospital probably even the cops said I was lucky I was not injured
    You are lucky after any accident. The secret is learning to slow down and respect your driving environment.

You're car most likely is totaled. Especially if you tagged 3 corners. That still doesn't mean the bags should have deployed. You need to slow down quick enough for the decelerometer to trigger. Next time try hitting an imovable object head on at that speed to test them.

Ahah no thanks but thank you for your time and prompt answers

mrd
    Never try to hit, anything it always hurts. Last time it doesn't.

Don't hit anything, and drive responsible.

The weather was nasty the highway icy I didnt anticapte it next time i'll be more carefull and stay in the middle lane

You wouldn't happen to be running summer tires as well would you?

I was in th left lane and my car was slowly going left in the ****ch(melted snow/ice) two of my wheels was in that ****ch I try to go back in my lane but the back of the car spinned out into the middle lane next thing you know my car was facing the traffic and a state trooper was slowing the traffic and my car messed up

S-lutch*

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Glad to hear you are okay.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

I Support ClubWRX
    Good thing you are safe.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by Akufen View Post
    S-lutch*
    Slush - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.