dont know who to trust - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on dont know who to trust within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by mycologist Off the top of my head, I can tell you none of those turbos are going ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post
    Off the top of my head, I can tell you none of those turbos are going to make that goal reliably. I don't study turbos large enough for that, but you are talking 20g or something not a VF. 750 injectors also sounds small. If that is your goal you should talk to the person who is going to tune it and have them tell you what you need for them to be able to make it work (even if you do the work).
    Yup. And if your stuck using 91 octane you will need an even bigger turbo.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by kevo0311 View Post
    ok i have decided on what to do

i am going to replace all my internals and i am going to get

ACL Rod bearing set
    ACL Main bearing set
    Eagle Forged Rods
    Wiseco Pistons
    OEM Gasket Set
    ccs tmic
    walbro 255 pump
    750cc injectors

but what help i really need from you guys is deciding which turbo to get. Its between

OEM VF 39/43/48 Turbo

which one do you guys recommend my goal is 350 to the wheels or a little bit less but dont want a late spool through my power band so tell me which turbo you would get and why
    Blouch 18g-XT may get you to 300-320whp. I have 330whp on pump with a Dominator 1.5XT-R turbo. (380 on E85). But none-the-less... your VF series turbos won't come close.

Also... don't get that top mount. Spearco, APS, Perrin or Processwest are the only TMICs I'd consider.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

i need help with my transmission my car is being rebuilt and my goal is 350whp with forged internals 20g 10cm2 pump and 850cc injectors.

now i want my tranny to be rebuilt my 4th synchro is failing and i want stronger gears/ internals do you guys think i should just do blocker rings shift pads and whole rebuild ? i was thinking of getting straight cut gears but this car is for daily driving and occasional drag i want someting that will make it last a long time as well as taking a beating sometimes to

what do you guys suggest ?

I Support ClubWRX
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

what do you think about ra ?

thats a bit much outta my price range

I Support ClubWRX
    thats a bit much outta my price range
    Right. You are the one who brought up straight cut gears. How cheap do you think those are?
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

I Support ClubWRX
    i need help with my transmission my car is being rebuilt and my goal is 350whp with forged internals 20g 10cm2 pump and 850cc injectors.

now i want my tranny to be rebuilt my 4th synchro is failing and i want stronger gears/ internals do you guys think i should just do blocker rings shift pads and whole rebuild ? i was thinking of getting straight cut gears but this car is for daily driving and occasional drag i want someting that will make it last a long time as well as taking a beating sometimes to

what do you guys suggest ?
    I suggest Legacy GT gears. What year is your car?
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

go easy on me lol i know nothing about transmission is looked into these

RalliSpec - Gearbox Parts

do you guys know any knowledge on these i just want stronger gears that can take occasional beatings rare drag at the track and can handle 400hp

I Support ClubWRX
    do you guys know any knowledge on these i just want stronger gears that can take occasional beatings rare drag at the track and can handle 400hp
    You have conflicting goals. At least in the Subaru world, "I'm on a budget" and "handle 400hp" don't really work too well, together.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    go easy on me lol i know nothing about transmission is looked into these

RalliSpec - Gearbox Parts

The only difference between those and the 04+ WRX OEM tranny gears are the gear ratio's. You could save some money buy just getting a full used tranny from a late year 03 (BA code) transmission or a 04-05 tranny and have RA width gears.
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    You have conflicting goals. At least in the Subaru world, "I'm on a budget" and "handle 400hp" don't really work too well, together.
    i already bought my rebuild i only have like 2 grand left of my rebuild go look in my previous post's im just getting close to my budget i just need direction on what works with the money i have left. being new to subaru i am ignorant to the whole subie world and parts be in mind i had a dsm before this so i will be honest idfk much about the wrx life lol. If you guys really know very mechanically inclined on subbies alone i want that advice i know im asking for hand fed knowledge not learning on my oun but sometimes in my life i dont have the time to study up so if you have knowledge due tell whats best

I Support ClubWRX
    Have you already had issues with your tranny? If so, look into getting a used/salvaged BA code tranny...it will likely be cheaper than getting the RA gear set and rebuilding your current tranny, and will still be RA width gears.

If you have not had issues with your tranny, I would put that off for now (though I would start saving for PPGs or RAs) and spend some of that 2K left on suspension/sways type of upgrades and tires. If you just got all those good internals and fuel mods you listed in post #28 along with a bigger turbo, your old tire set may not be up to the task of the added power and suspension mods are always a good idea (depending of course on what you have already).

Just checking....with all those new components (injectors and turbo mainly), you are getting a pro-tune right? If you had not planned that, it is needed, and will take a chunk of that 2K.
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

my 4th syncro is failing when my tranny heats up it grinds i have to really baby going into 4th if i increase speeds even at like half throttle it grinds so i want to get that fixed and honestly have a newer stronger tranny but it seems like i dont have enough but my shop quoted me 1115 for the ra 00-99 sti gears plus a grand for installation

I Support ClubWRX
    get legacy gears. Seriously
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast