dont know who to trust - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on dont know who to trust within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i have the ej255 motor not 2.0L...

i have the ej255 motor not 2.0L

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by kevo0311 View Post
    my car is 302hp 262qt with 16.88 LBS 3 inch catless/intake i think i just might get it all done fix the block pistons and rods before i install everything im sick of this car stressing me out one thing after another from what im getting from is my car is about to take a dump and then i will take a turn for the worst
    If you are going to keep the car, you need a specific plan on how to get it smogged, and thus registered.

If you are not going to keep the car, don't spend all that money and effort.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    i have the ej255 motor not 2.0L
    Still would like to see that dyno sheet..... I too have a ej255 with 3" exhaust and stage2....but with a vf52 (bigger than a td04) and at about 18lbs, and I don't have 300 at the wheels....maybe at the crank.
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Just put the 18G etc. on it and run it hard until it kills it.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

I Support ClubWRX
    my car is 302hp 262qt with 16.88 LBS 3 inch catless/intake
    You are absolutely not making 300 whp with the stock turbo and a "G-force" chip.................
    Last edited by Donkey; 03-01-2012 at 07:07 PM.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

deff not at the wheels thats for sure just horsepower i know im not pushing 262 to the wheels either its prob just crank numbers ill get the dyno sheet but back to my issue please

I Support ClubWRX
    deff not at the wheels thats for sure just horsepower i know im not pushing 262 to the wheels either its prob just crank numbers ill get the dyno sheet but back to my issue please
    Your issue is clear.

If you don't have the money don't fix the car.

If you have only a little money, fix the car only enough to keep it on the road. Replace the stock turbo with a stock turbo.

If you have a little more money, replace the stock turbo with a stock turbo for now and wait and see what happens.

If you have more money than the car will ever be worth, and are willing to part with it, replace the block and stock turbo.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

would you guys suggest replacing the block bc of the leakdown test and compression ?

I Support ClubWRX
    considering you have already stated your intent on going bigger power and more mods, you should have the additional motor work done, if not now, then as soon as you can afford to. The compression and leak down results indicate your current components are warn. It could run well for many more miles at current power, but it is showing signs of use and age.

As to weather you should replace the block, that depends on pricing.

If you can afford replace the short block with one that has forged internals that would be best since you are planning on eventually trying to hit 350whp. This would give the best chance of being reliable for years to come.

If that is too costly price having the block torn apart and rebuilt with forged internals. Depending on where you get it done, this can be cheaper than a fully built forged internals short block, and can provide only slightly less life than a 'new' block.

If both of those are out of your range, replace with a stock short block and lower your power goals a bit. While 350whp is possible on stock internals, you would wear it out much faster than one with forged bits.

Really, there is no way to know how warn the current block is without tearing it down. It could just need new piston rings and minor machining work (slight boring to true it up and some honing) to get it good.....or it could need major over haul.
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

I Support ClubWRX
    Never seen a dyno that gives you results in crank hp. Just run the block you have as is,until it is done, if you don't have the cash.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

I Support ClubWRX
    must be going by

Subaru published stock power + advertised power gain of each mod part+ advertised ots tune increase = bench racer
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

I Support ClubWRX
    If you plan to reuse that block, do it sooner than later. If not run it hard until it starts blowing oil.

ok i have decided on what to do

i am going to replace all my internals and i am going to get

ACL Rod bearing set
    ACL Main bearing set
    Eagle Forged Rods
    Wiseco Pistons
    OEM Gasket Set
    ccs tmic
    walbro 255 pump
    750cc injectors

but what help i really need from you guys is deciding which turbo to get. Its between

OEM VF 39/43/48 Turbo

which one do you guys recommend my goal is 350 to the wheels or a little bit less but dont want a late spool through my power band so tell me which turbo you would get and why

I Support ClubWRX
    Off the top of my head, I can tell you none of those turbos are going to make that goal reliably. I don't study turbos large enough for that, but you are talking 20g or something not a VF. 750 injectors also sounds small. If that is your goal you should talk to the person who is going to tune it and have them tell you what you need for them to be able to make it work (even if you do the work).

I Support ClubWRX
    ^ yeah, that
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.