latest blastone results

This is a discussion on latest blastone results within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; This is what their message says: "Thanks for the notes about the hard pulls and flooding the engine. Aluminum and ...

latest blastone results

This is what their message says:

"Thanks for the notes about the hard pulls and flooding the engine. Aluminum and iron are on the
    high side in this sample. Aluminum is from the pistons and iron shows wear at steel parts like cylinders and
    rotating shafts. It's certainly possible that the harder use is to blame. You could also be looking at wear-in if
    any new parts were installed. Of course, a mechanical problem could also explain the piston scuffing--it's
    hard to say for sure at this point. The TBN was strong at 3.6, showing plenty of active additive left. Check
    back 4,000 miles. Hopefully wear improves."

Is higher levels of aluminum and iron a sign that my engine may be going? I am planning on an engine build, but not for at least a year.

During this interval, I had several tunes done. So of course, I did many hard pulls, and beat on the car more than usual. Just wondering if this could be a lingering problem, or something that should go away now that i'm done tuning.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    You won't know until the use pattern goes back to normal and another sample is analyzed whether the problem is lingering or the data are due to the increased wear from hard pulls, hard drives, etc.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.