Which brand of Motor oil do you use?

This is a discussion on Which brand of Motor oil do you use? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Well it is time to change my oil on my 2011 WRX and was wondering what brand oil do you ...

Which brand of Motor oil do you use?

Well it is time to change my oil on my 2011 WRX and was wondering what brand oil do you use. Seems like the mobile 1 has good deals going on but there are mixed opinions on different sites. Any help would be appreciated, these are just a few of the brands i know of

Mobile 1
    Royal Purple
    Pennzoil
    97 Ninja 600r sold
    99 integra gsr sold
    02 pathfinder sold
    01 YamFZR 600 sold
    04 WRX Sold
    2011 WRX DGM
    Good judgement is based upon experience. Experience is based upon BAD JUDGEMENT!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Mobile is in Alabama.

Opinions, mixed or not, are worthless. Data matter. Look for used oil analyses if you're interested in oil performance.

I shop based on price and generally use Mobil or Shell synthetics. Both have generated excellent data. See Bob Is The Oil Guy's site to search for data if you're interested.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Based on data and research I've done I used German Castrol. Arguably one of the best over the shelf synthetic oils sold and it's a true ester based synthetic.

97 Ninja 600r sold
    99 integra gsr sold
    02 pathfinder sold
    01 YamFZR 600 sold
    04 WRX Sold
    2011 WRX DGM
    Good judgement is based upon experience. Experience is based upon BAD JUDGEMENT!!!

AMSOIL

AMSOIL Product Recommendations - 2011%7cSUBARU%7cIMPREZA%7cE

I use it and never had an issue.
    2011 WRX 345WHP/398WTQ E85
    My Build: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...uild-date.html

I Support ClubWRX
    Motul
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

I Support ClubWRX
    I have been using Mobil 1, but lately my dad found a great deal on NAPA full synthetic oil
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

I Support ClubWRX
    NAPA is a nice store. I generally don't hesitate to shop from there if I need something. Their filters test well too from what I've seen. Everything is of course outsourced and rebranded, so it's usually top shelf stuff from a known manufacturer that's got a new Napa label. Good idea.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    NAPA is a nice store. I generally don't hesitate to shop from there if I need something. Their filters test well too from what I've seen. Everything is of course outsourced and rebranded, so it's usually top shelf stuff from a known manufacturer that's got a new Napa label. Good idea.
    hey he got 12 quarts of full synthetic oil for 40 bucks. you cant beat that price
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ