Just need a lil help on my engine oil suggestion - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Just need a lil help on my engine oil suggestion within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by Rambo 0 weight, huh? I guess Colorado would be a much colder climate than Oregon, but that ...

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    0 weight, huh? I guess Colorado would be a much colder climate than Oregon, but that isn't what Subaru recommends. I use 5W-30. My wife's Insight uses 0W-20 though. Supposedly, it's kind of expensive, but I haven't checked yet.
    I ran mobil 1 and Rotella T6 previously and they are junk compared to this oil (based on the amount burnt and the "Feel" of the motor). The European formula Castrol is incredible oil. There are some threads on a couple forums about it and overall it has great reviews. I used to burn nearly 2 quarts of oil in 3k miles. Now I don't burn a drop.

Edit: I will also add that German Castrol is the only 0W oil I would run in my car. If anyone wants more info on it just search google and you will find lots of threads. My local Autozone carries it and though its slightly more expensive it isn't outrageous. It should say "European Formula" on front and "Made in Germany" on back
    Last edited by GarrettKoonsman; 02-26-2012 at 08:39 PM.
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12