Changing fuel filter in 06 WRX, difficult?

This is a discussion on Changing fuel filter in 06 WRX, difficult? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi guys, Looking to do the 60k maint on my car. But it sounds like the fuel filter is part ...

Changing fuel filter in 06 WRX, difficult?

Hi guys,
    Looking to do the 60k maint on my car. But it sounds like the fuel filter is part of the fuel pump??? REALLY?
    No in-line filter?? So if the filter is part of the pump, that means removal of the tank to extract the pump/filter?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    The fuel filter in 06+ WRX's is inside the tank, yes. But they're technically non-servicable items. Most people just do it when they replace the pump when upgrading their fuel system.

Unless you have reason to believe the filter could be clogged, leave it be. I'm at 104K miles right now and still going strong with no pump or filter replacement. Don't worry about it until you have to.

But when you do need to, remember that you have an access port specifically designed for you to be able to access the tank without needing to drop it. It really isn't that difficult.
    Last edited by xxxxxxxAnub1s; 02-22-2012 at 08:38 PM.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!