2003 WRX surging acceleration?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2003 WRX surging acceleration? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have 2003 WRX with an automatic transmission and I'm having a surging acceleration issue. It usually doesn't do it ...

2003 WRX surging acceleration?

I have 2003 WRX with an automatic transmission and I'm having a surging acceleration issue. It usually doesn't do it 0-60, but after that, it tends to surge/go/surge/go. It doesn't buck or anything. I only have 50,000 miles on her and take good care of the car so I don't know why it just started doing this. No check engine light and idles fine/runs fine. I've checked all vacuum lines and everything looks good. :screwy:
    Any suggestions, answers wood be great. Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Do you have a boost gauge? The question would be: are you hitting target boost without boost spiking and/or boost creep? Is the car stock? Do you have any way of datalogging?
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Everything on the car is stock, besides K&N air filter in the original box. I have not adjusted nothing, and have done oil/everything right. The only people to work on the car besides Delta Subaru is me for doing a couple oil changes w/synthetic oil. There was a recall over a year ago, and they worked on her, but I'm afraid that somehow they did something wrong and since I don't beat on my car, it's just becoming an issue now. Possibly a manifold leak. Being it's over a year, and it just started hesitating in the last couple months, I don't know if they would take responsibly if it was there fault. I like 0-60, but I'm also a top speed guy that wants her to go to the limit if needed.
    Any tests without going to a shop that I can do is appreciated. Once again, vacuum lines/fluids/and other simple stuff has been checked and they are fine. I have no boost gauge. Car is completely stock.

Also, had a scanner put on it, not only is the engine light NOT on, scanner threw no codes.

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Have you only done a visual check on the vacuum lines or have you inspected them very carefully? Even a hairline crack in a line can cause an issue like you're describing. Could also be a failing BCS, or a problem elsewhere in the system, but since you're seeing boost fluctations, it's reasonable to focus on the boost control system.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.