2003 WRX surging acceleration?

This is a discussion on 2003 WRX surging acceleration? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have 2003 WRX with an automatic transmission and I'm having a surging acceleration issue. It usually doesn't do it ...

2003 WRX surging acceleration?

I have 2003 WRX with an automatic transmission and I'm having a surging acceleration issue. It usually doesn't do it 0-60, but after that, it tends to surge/go/surge/go. It doesn't buck or anything. I only have 50,000 miles on her and take good care of the car so I don't know why it just started doing this. No check engine light and idles fine/runs fine. I've checked all vacuum lines and everything looks good. :screwy:
    Any suggestions, answers wood be great. Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Do you have a boost gauge? The question would be: are you hitting target boost without boost spiking and/or boost creep? Is the car stock? Do you have any way of datalogging?
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Everything on the car is stock, besides K&N air filter in the original box. I have not adjusted nothing, and have done oil/everything right. The only people to work on the car besides Delta Subaru is me for doing a couple oil changes w/synthetic oil. There was a recall over a year ago, and they worked on her, but I'm afraid that somehow they did something wrong and since I don't beat on my car, it's just becoming an issue now. Possibly a manifold leak. Being it's over a year, and it just started hesitating in the last couple months, I don't know if they would take responsibly if it was there fault. I like 0-60, but I'm also a top speed guy that wants her to go to the limit if needed.
    Any tests without going to a shop that I can do is appreciated. Once again, vacuum lines/fluids/and other simple stuff has been checked and they are fine. I have no boost gauge. Car is completely stock.

Also, had a scanner put on it, not only is the engine light NOT on, scanner threw no codes.

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Have you only done a visual check on the vacuum lines or have you inspected them very carefully? Even a hairline crack in a line can cause an issue like you're describing. Could also be a failing BCS, or a problem elsewhere in the system, but since you're seeing boost fluctations, it's reasonable to focus on the boost control system.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!