Questions about running rich - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Questions about running rich within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I think the real question is: What kind of intake did you have on? ...Injen...?...

I think the real question is: What kind of intake did you have on?

...Injen...?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Maybe i'm missing something so forgive me but, i though intake = a lean mixture not rich. Is the ecu richening up the mixture to compensate that much to affect fuel trim by 20+%. And if i was a rich mixture i dont see how cleaning the injectors would help because dirty injectors would also cause lean mix.

Im either lost out of my mind or completely wrong lol
    '12 STi stage 2

Origin GT = impretzel
    Bf4

-JJ

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by impretzel View Post
    Maybe i'm missing something so forgive me but, i though intake = a lean mixture not rich. Is the ecu richening up the mixture to compensate that much to affect fuel trim by 20+%. And if i was a rich mixture i dont see how cleaning the injectors would help because dirty injectors would also cause lean mix.

Depending on the intake it could cause the car to run lean or rich. The problem is that they can skew the MAF readings, in either direction. If the MAF sensor is reading higher than it should the car would run rich, and vise versa.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    I think the real question is: What kind of intake did you have on?

...Injen...?
    Ebay lol

Quote Originally Posted by impretzel View Post

This is what i was thinking to. But when the guy said it was running rich i assumed it was the ecu trying to compensate for the extra air coming in. And yeah about cleaning the injectors i just figured he was trying to make a quick $60. But yeah i just ordered an up-pipe and im getting the Cobb SF intake after i get a full TBE and Cobb AP.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by k20zak View Post
    This is what i was thinking to. But when the guy said it was running rich i assumed it was the ecu trying to compensate for the extra air coming in.
    If the ECU was trying to compensate (which it wasn't in openloop) it would just be achieving the same AFR.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12