Timing cover bolts

This is a discussion on Timing cover bolts within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Has anyone had any issues with trying to remove the timing cover bolts? Mine just keep turning and wont come ...

Timing cover bolts

Has anyone had any issues with trying to remove the timing cover bolts? Mine just keep turning and wont come out. Except the ones that bolt to the block, those came out fine.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Anyone? 0.o

I Support ClubWRX
    I do not recall any captive bolts on my car but my memory isn't what it should be (I forget things I shouldn't but not things I should). Are you sure they aren't captive bolts? Are you sure all the bolts either just spin or have been removed? If so the cover should come off. Do the spinning bolts come out partially and then spin? If so suspect captive bolts and look for other bolts still tight. Otherwise, sorry, no idea.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.