e-brake light & battery light on

This is a discussion on e-brake light & battery light on within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys my emergency brake and my battery light on my dash keep spuratically coming on and off.. my e ...

e-brake light & battery light on

Hey guys my emergency brake and my battery light on my dash keep spuratically coming on and off.. my e brake light stayed on for a while even after my brake was unlocked.. battery light seems to flicker .. could this be 1. Bad battery 2. Bad alternator or 3. A bad ground? .. I have hids installed , memphis door speakers and a subwoofer.. along with a couple gauges.. battery looks like its showing its age.. any ideas? Ill have a battery test and alternator test done tomorrow.. just curious if anyone else has had this problem

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Also it seems to come on more often when im getting on the throttle

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Battery light is almost definitely a bad alternator or battery. Report back when you get them tested.

Brake light is likely due to low brake fluid. Check your resevoir, fill if needed and check again.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

Nice.. I will check that out in the morning and let you know my findings.. thanks

I Support ClubWRX
    Battery and brake on simultaneously as you described is likely a charging system issue. Check the brakes as a matter of principle but be prepared to troubleshoot an electrical problem, likely an alternator. The short answer to all three of your questions is "yes."
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Alternator checked out fine as well as battery .. it stays off now for the most part till I hit full boost then they pop on .. im going to re wire my grounds tomorrow but if that don't work then I have no idea where to go from there

Bumping this .. resecured grounds today.. e brake and battery light still pop on simutaneously under high boost.. otherwise when im driving like a granny no problem .. soon as throttle is released they normally disappear ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Who checked the alt? At WOT the alt has a pretty big load on it. Unless you have a volt gauge or way to datalog the car it's not going to be easy to further diagnose.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S