Intake Manifold Runner Control Stuck Closed Bank 1- Help!!

This is a discussion on Intake Manifold Runner Control Stuck Closed Bank 1- Help!! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; 2005 WRX w/225k miles (I drive a lot) Stock Ok, in my previous thread I needed to replace the small ...

Exclamation Intake Manifold Runner Control Stuck Closed Bank 1- Help!!

2005 WRX w/225k miles (I drive a lot) Stock

Ok, in my previous thread I needed to replace the small hose on the oil cooler due to a pin-hole coolant leak. My neighbor ended up doing the work by taking off the catalytic converter (turbo) so he could reach it. The gasket between the turbo and Cat was replaced just to be sure of no leaks. My neighbor stated he didn't touch anything except the CAT (no sensors, etc).

Now I have 3 CELs.
    Intake Manifold Control Stuck Closed Bank 1
    Intake Manifold Runner Position Sensor or Switch Circuit High Bank 1
    And the first one was repeated for some reason.

I have the service manual on CD, but I don't know where to start. If there are any possible quick cleaning type fixes before I tear the thing apart, that would be greatly appreciated. I got 2 cans of carb cleaner, just point me in the right direction, lol. Is there a reason this would happen after such a repair? I have been reading up on TGV motors, but again, not sure where they would be in the service manual, I can't seem to locate them.

Thanks for any help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    The TGV assembly is the lower part of the intake manifold where the fuel injectors are installed into. Google "Subaru TGV". Click images.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S