Side Mirror damage
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Side Mirror damage within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So I' not sure how this happened but it looks like someone hit my side mirror with something, probably in ...

Side Mirror damage

So I' not sure how this happened but it looks like someone hit my side mirror with something, probably in a parking garage last week. Only the plastic frame around the mirror itself is cracked, while the main body of the mirror is just slightly scuffed. Anyone know if you can just replace the plastic part, or is total replacement the only option? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mirror damage 004.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	70.3 KB 
ID:	102150 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mirror damage 005.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	90.4 KB 
ID:	102151

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I think a total replacement is what is available but don't quote me on that. I just know a few people that had similar damages and they had to replace the entire housing and what now. The housing is cheap but its the paint that takes a hit on your wallet since most/all come primed and not colored. I haven't heard anyone just getting that specific piece on the housing.

I would search around and maybe call a dealership. They have a better idea of a replacement like that. Sorry to hear about the damage. I suppose it could of been a lot worse than just the mirror.
    2011 WRX 5-Door WRB
    Cobb AP Stage 1 - SPT Exhaust - Bayson R Lip - 30% Tints

2006 Honda CBR600RR
    Jardine RT-1 Exhaust - Fender Eliminator - Integrated Front & Rear Signals

2001 Audi TT - Sold

I Support ClubWRX
    You will probably have to replace the entire thing.Also check the forums to see if anyone has one with the same color for sale.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Yeah it definitely could have been worse, a nice ding in the door would have made me angrier....my wife had someone blast the entire side mirror off of her old Corolla a couple years ago, and it was only like $110 to replace, but I'm guessing mine is a lot more due to the paint- I guess if it's more than my $250 deductible I can just file a comprehensive claim.

If I had to replace my mirrors I would consider swapping both out to the STi version with the turn signals. Not sure what kinda hit that would be financially but if I'm replacing one already, why not swap out both for a better look. Maybe worth a look into if you're looking for a replacement for the one already.

Good luck with everything.
    2011 WRX 5-Door WRB
    Cobb AP Stage 1 - SPT Exhaust - Bayson R Lip - 30% Tints

2006 Honda CBR600RR
    Jardine RT-1 Exhaust - Fender Eliminator - Integrated Front & Rear Signals

2001 Audi TT - Sold

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.