I am SERIOUSLY STUMPED.

This is a discussion on I am SERIOUSLY STUMPED. within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok so an update to my earlier thread which maybe should be posted under the old one but this deserves ...

I am SERIOUSLY STUMPED.

Ok so an update to my earlier thread which maybe should be posted under the old one but this deserves a whole new thread. I just installed a new inlet hose and IC hose kit in my 02 wrx. Which was back breaking, knuckle busting dirty work. Everything was installed successfully i have everything clamped no leaks that i can hear or see. However i accidently broke the purge control solenoid (i think its called) its to the left of the alternator and hooks into the intake manifold.. i did contact the dealership and they said short term use without it would be fine so i did not bother with putting one in. Well after double checking all the hoses and lines i fired it up. No check engine light at first.. took it for a spin around the block and something still was just not right. the idle was a BIT smoother (not much) and i could now go above 3000 rpms better than i could before replacing the inlet. But it still is a bit jerky and im only hitting 11 psi AT BEST. I get a lot of back fire and my exhaust seems to make a lot of clanky noises. i reset my ecu and the only check engine light im pulling is for the purge solenoid. (I was pulling a misfire in cylinder 4 before replacing the old inlet).

A couple days ago the dealership fulfilled the factory recall for my fuel rails everything ran great after pick up until i got it home and found i had just received my COBB accessport and downloaded a stage one map in (before replacing the old inlet which i know was stupid of me). It ran pretty good for a few miles until things got messy and it was jerking so hard i felt as if i was going to be ejected from my seat. i cleared the maps out and reverted back to stock (still not any better).

Me and my buddy (who also owns a wrx) came to the conclusion that we felt as if it wasnt getting enough fuel.. My boost would be normal with the throttle pushed only a quarter down but once mashed it would instantly drop and bogg out.

Could this be something the dealership messed up when replacing the fuel rails?

Any help is greatly appreciated! I'm just about ready to haul this thing off to the junk yard!!!!!!!!!

Any more details needed please ask

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

BUMP

I Support ClubWRX
    Take it back to the dealership. Or you can test the fuel pressure yourself and see if thats the problem. Or maybe they forgot to tighten the TMIC connections. You have the AP so learn to use the datalogging functions.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Here is how I fixed that valve.

Drilled a whole in the bottom and dremeled the sides to make it round. New vacuum tubing and it was fixed.

I fixed the fuel leak by myself and can tell you lots of things could have been missed. Take it back to the dealer and see what they say. If you can't fix it yourself get ready to pay someone to do it for you.
    Life is like riding a bicycle in order to keep your balance you must keep moving.

Thanks guitar I actually used your advice and pictures partially.. I found plastic weld works wonders..

An update to the car.. dealership would not help me worth a hoot. So I started tearing into installing my new megan racing down and up pipe thinking I would find a clogged catty wedged inside.. nope. I re installed the turbo inlet since I could move the turbo around a bit cause the damn silicone hosing is so thick I couldn't properly seat it. Got that fixed.. still no better.. get ready to start pulling my coils off to diagnose my mis fire and viola cylinder 4 coil pack didn't have the wire harness even attached .. I sense dealership sabotage!!!

That is one of the reasons I decided to do the job myself. Take care of your car and it will take care of you. Threaten the junkyard and you will see how your car will like it.
    Life is like riding a bicycle in order to keep your balance you must keep moving.