Poor gas mileage...
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Poor gas mileage... within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a 2004 WRX that's tuned Stage 2 with the COBB AP. I filled my tank completely,reset my trip ...

Poor gas mileage...

I have a 2004 WRX that's tuned Stage 2 with the COBB AP. I filled my tank completely,reset my trip meter, and ran it until it went to the empty light. my odometer read at 200.4 miles.

I know the tank size is 15.9 gal and the Light probably comes on with about a gallon or more in. So that equates to roughly 14.5-15 gallons of gas used only getting 200 miles = 13.3mpg!

Is this normal to see such a radical drop off in fuel economy?

The vehicle has 94,500 miles on it.
    Mods include: Invidia down pipe, Invidia up pipe, HKS catback, STI intercooler with samco hoses, and Grimmspeed Lightweight Pulley. and like i said before i'm stage 2.

Also i just recently changed the fuel filter and used some fuel system cleaner with no change.

Lastly i wasn't driving the vehicle hard either. I made a point to drive the optimum speeds on the freeway and never really pushed it hard during acceleration.

Any help or thoughts on the issue would be helpful, thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    All maintenance up-to-date?
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

yes sir. I did some google searching and i saw that Subaru's gas light might come on early? i saw one guy say his comes on when he's only used 9 of the 15 gallons used. if thats the case i'm getting average mileage. 21-23mpg but how true is that?

Did you fill the tank back up to see how many gallons you actually used? That would be the most accurate way to calculate mileage. How long has the fuel mileage been bad? Is the car new to you?
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

miles driven / gallons used = MPG.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.