2002 cylinder 3 misfire code

This is a discussion on 2002 cylinder 3 misfire code within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hey yesterday areound 4pm my car CEL came on. got it read and it was a code that i havent ...

2002 cylinder 3 misfire code

hey yesterday areound 4pm my car CEL came on. got it read and it was a code that i havent had before. it was a cyclinder 3 misfire code. car ran fine and couldnt notice anything wrong, i drove it about 50 miles and then the last time i drove it was 10pm and the CEL was still on. started it up this morning arounf 7am and check engine light off and still ran like normal. any ideas why? i am going to run fuel injector cleaner through it, clean the MAF, and probably replace the spark plugs just to freshen things up and hopefully it doessnt come back

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

What code was it?

P0171 is most likely the MAF. I currently have it, myself. I got rid of it once by jiggling the sensor around, but it came back a couple days ago and MAF cleaner didn't work. I'll be replacing it today.
    -Holden
    Bugeye wagon - ERZ Uppipe - TurboXS Axleback - Swift Springs - JNA Lip

no i think it was p0303 cylinder 3 misfire code. but i was gonna clean the maf anyway

I Support ClubWRX
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

thanks Donkey. the code went off the next morning and hasnt been back since. *fingers crossed* ran a bottle of injector cleaner and never had a problem even when the light was on with a performance change or anything so idk. if it comes back then ill probably change the plugs or do some of the things in your post so thanks