changing power sreering fluid

This is a discussion on changing power sreering fluid within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Could some one please give me some susgestions on a easy way to purge the power steering fluid. My fluid ...

changing power sreering fluid

Could some one please give me some susgestions on a easy way to purge the power steering fluid. My fluid is dark in color and I simply want to change it out on my 97 impresa outback sport. Thank you bob

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Well you could drain it from below by picking a hose and unclamping it but I'd not do this because it's always a mess and you could end up opening Pandora's box. I would instead simply use a turkey baster to remove fluid from the reservoir, top it off, drive around a while, then repeat and then repeat again etc. until you like the colour. If you get bubbles just use the wiggle-the-wheel method until they come out, but with the baster if you are careful you won't get bubbles either.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.