Need some Urgent Advice PLEASE - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Need some Urgent Advice PLEASE within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by Rexxy2Sexxy Ill keep the updates on it coming.. the only reason I don't have a new inlet ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexxy2Sexxy View Post
    Ill keep the updates on it coming.. the only reason I don't have a new inlet on yet is because it just came in the mail today. I got the intercooler hose kit to put on as well.. im not a dumba** im just new to modifying my own car.. so please be patient with my questions
    Yea except he wasn't an ass about it lol
    keep your head about you installing the intercooler hose kit, Ive installed several throughout my years and each is different.. They get into your mind and make you pissed. Just take your time trim to fit be careful dont cut to much

BTW... Ill remember that.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Lol I mean that with the highest level of respect.. I just came to this forum so I could ask experts like yourself without getting a thrashing whether you think the question is stupid or not everyone is not car savvy and ill be the first to admit im not. Really I was more curious if the work they did at the dealership could have caused my problems. I've realized for a while that the inlet was a problem it just developed into a bigger rip/tear after the dealership put their hands on it.. my car did not run when I purchased it I've done the research and diagnosed/fixed everything myself I just like to be extra precautious with things I hold dear lol for instance my car.
    Last edited by Rexxy2Sexxy; 01-30-2012 at 10:11 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    That is perfectly fine and the biggest thing I was implying that is completely retarded is save the tune for when you have the time to install the inlet. you received both today, Im sorry but adding more boost into an already huge problem wasnt smart.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

I Support ClubWRX
    OK my worries are two:
    1. The inlet is at least one fault and introduces at least one leak. There may be others but without a working inlet it won't be easy to ID them. The tragedy is that the inlet is torture to install and the car was already apart recently, it's a shame to go in there again but you must.
    2. Read the map notes. Do not use parts not supported by the map notes. This includes the intake. I don't know if it's supported but if it's not, lose it.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Yea I realize that now.. I got speed vision.. my buddy has talked up the accessport to the point I was drooling everytime I would check my order update. I get a little ahead of myself at times I agree

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    OK my worries are two:
    1. The inlet is at least one fault and introduces at least one leak. There may be others but without a working inlet it won't be easy to ID them. The tragedy is that the inlet is torture to install and the car was already apart recently, it's a shame to go in there again but you must.
    2. Read the map notes. Do not use parts not supported by the map notes. This includes the intake. I don't know if it's supported but if it's not, lose it.
    What about a custom map?

I Support ClubWRX
    What about a custom map?
    Sure, you can do that, but you'd be spending additional money to support a part that you do not need in the first place -- the Subaru intake works fine for your application and in fact it almost certainly filters air better. Now if you're talking ground-up, no-Cobb custom map, then that's cheaper; however you already have the Cobb unit.

Fix the leak(s). See the map notes. Run what the map notes support once the car is sorted out. You should be fine and end up with a fun car. Check here/there/everywhere for info before letting $ fly though so that you save trouble and time at the very least.
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Right on.. I upgraded my intake because the intake that was on from the previous owner was ****. It was called like max air or something which I've never heard of and it was falling apart.. I was going to go with a cold air but my buddy steered me away and told me to go with a short ram.. maybe im in the wrong mindset but I see it unfit to pay the same amount of money if not more for a factory part when I could go aftermarket .. correct me if im wrong but to me aftermarket means more potential.. I want to get into a small rally league around the local track here as well as having a daily driver

I Support ClubWRX
    correct me if im wrong but to me aftermarket means more potential..
    ...More potential for failure, if I were to play devil's advocate. To me, "aftermarket" means imitation. It's not an authentic part. Authentic parts are what I prefer. In any case, see if the parts are supported and go from there. Any part that isn't, you shouldn't use with the Cobb unit (if only to keep things simple, life is short) but it's still worth resale $ to someone that has your respect for aftermarket parts and not my disdain (and your camp is larger on enthusiast web sites, for example).

I want to get into a small rally league around the local track here as well as having a daily driver
    It's not that kind of party. I've known people that have tried this and it usually ends in frustration. You can autox a daily driver, in some cases you can even rallyx a daily driver (I'd not though). Rallying a daily driver isn't something I'd consider, the needs of each car type are too far apart. See if you are content with what you have and autox or even the occasional rallyx and go from there I'd say.

Now about the inlet, find yourself a DIY how-to thread and/or video or something. This might help a bit, the diagrammes might give you some ideas. Have some band aids ready and any blood pressure medication you might need etc. and have fun:
    http://www.airpowersystems.com/wrx/i...01_install.pdf
    Beware if you see/hear/read "cut this" to not do so unless you've reconsidered it half a dozen times, you can't undo a cut. This goes for the I/C hoses etc. as well.
    Last edited by SD_GR; 01-30-2012 at 11:00 PM.

Nice write up SD .. appreciate the link too looks like a major headache lol .. hopefully the dealership got everything loosened for me at the very least.. also the inlet is silicone which I read is a lot easier to install.. although im sure its still a PITA.. im just really hoping that's what my problem is

hey guys im attempting the inlet install now. I got the silicone inlet hose.. is it absolutly possible to not remove the intake manifold for this? also im going to install all new IC hoses dont know if that makes a difference.. thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12