Not getting any power from my turbo. - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Not getting any power from my turbo. within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Yes the exhaust is relevant - it is what spins the turbo. Do you have your original uppipe still in ...

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Yes the exhaust is relevant - it is what spins the turbo. Do you have your original uppipe still in there?

It could also be the turbo. In fact if your turbo ate your uppipe cat it could be both.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yes it is still the original up pipe! My we pulled my buddies turbo out on his wrx there was a screen in his up pipe.. However when I pulled mine off there was no screen?? Could my turbo have eaten the screen?? I have a new up pipe and a new set of headers that havent been put on and are brand new.. Should I put those on and get my turbo rebuilt? (I havent already put them on because in order for them to fit I will need a STI oil pan Becasue they are equal length)

I Support ClubWRX
    Install the UP then see if it works, or do it in one shot. THe turbo might not have a problem, but you wil have the DP and the UP off of it already so it is half way out.

If the blades or anything got trashed it is a paperweight. Even a good one is margin to rebuild vs. replacing with a used takeoff value and effort wise.

Oh and post some pics when you have it off or figured out.

I Support ClubWRX
    Should look like this, otherwise the turbo is done too (nothing can go through it without breaking something):

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pics_013.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	65.5 KB 
ID:	102218

I have not had the garage space to take it apart and take pictures but i know for a fact that the screen in the uppipe isnt there! So your saying that if this screen is missing the turbo is probably shot?

I Support ClubWRX
    Unless someone gutted your uppipe.

Well I guess its just trial and error?.. I get my tax returns in a couple of days so i'll be able to find out exactly whats going on and then buy what I have too to get her on the road!!

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah, it is your decision - we can only really guess at stuff without being there. If a Subaru tech looked at it I'm sure there is a good reason they are saying exhaust though. The type of turbo damage these do is obvious (broken fins etc).

Well that will be the first thing I check out and hopefully that is it!
    Also another problem has come up! I went to pull my car in the garage last night and it was sputtering like crazy! I had a about a foot wide trail of gasoline following me from where I pulled away all the way to when I parked it.. I looked at it and couldnt see anything.. So I started it back up and then ran to the front of my car to see fuel shooting out of my rear driver side injector! hahaha can an injector go out? is it just not down tight enough maybe? I swear its just one problem after another!

Well The fuel problem is fixed!! Replaced all rubbers on the injectors and I'm not leaking anymore! PHEW!!!
    In the process I have gained some of my boost back! I will push about 5lbs but that is still better than none! I dont know if it makes a difference but I'm running 100 octane from the pump right now! I disconnected the battery so that my ECU could make the adjustments as well!

I Support ClubWRX
    Good job on fixing the fuel leak - congrats! I wouldn't try to boost it until you take care of the other issue.

Thank you I'm not boosting much and I had a guy at shop7 look at it yesterday and he told me that it is probably my BOV so he welded it to my FMIC piping and i'm going to pick it up today and see if that fixes the problem!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.