Removing the rear bumper cover on 2011 WRX Sedan

This is a discussion on Removing the rear bumper cover on 2011 WRX Sedan within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys, I was looking to pop off the rear bumper cause I got a dent in it. I was ...

Removing the rear bumper cover on 2011 WRX Sedan

Hey guys,
    I was looking to pop off the rear bumper cause I got a dent in it. I was looking everywhere that shows how to take it off. I just wanted to gauge how long it would take and how difficult it would be.

Does anyone know of any links that has a write up on removing this?

The closest I could find was this link

Removing Rear Bumper 08 WRX - Toronto Subaru Club

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I took mine off to put the jdm third break light in and it is pretty easy. I think its just held up with a couple of push clips on each side right behind the rear tire and I think there are two clips under the bumper between the exhaust. The rest are tabs that are just snapped in and you should just be able to give it a little tug and it will pop off. If you want I can take some pictures of all the clips that you need to get to when I get home from work.

Yeah that would be a great help.

Do you know if you have to pull out the tail lights for this? It seems from what I read that you have to take them out.

Thanks again.

Sorry I didn't get the pictures today but I will get them in the morning. And no you don't have to take the tail lights off.

Turns out my dad did it without removing anything. But I'm sure people would still be able to use this thread to learn how to do it

Thanks again man.

There is one push clip behind each of the rear tires at the very top of the bumper

And there are two push clips behind each rear tire on the bottom side of the bumper

And there are two push clips on the bottom side of the bumper between the mufflers.

After you take all of the clips out you just have to pull on the bumper to get it to release from under the tail lights and its off.

Hey thanks a lot again. Much appreciated.
    Subaru WRX 2011 Spark Silver Metallic