Coolant Leak - How do I get to it?

This is a discussion on Coolant Leak - How do I get to it? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; 2005 WRX - Just replaced the radiator, which had a nice big crack on top, only to still have the ...

Angry Coolant Leak - How do I get to it?

2005 WRX - Just replaced the radiator, which had a nice big crack on top, only to still have the same sickly sweet smell. Pressure tested it and found it to be a pinhole leak on the left side of the engine in a rubber hose. This hose is next to the exhaust manifold. I have no clue what it goes to, my service manual doesn't seem to have it, or i can't seem to find it. The hose is a relatively short rubber hose that clamps on to larger metal tubes at the top and bottom. I don't know how long it is going to last and I do not want it to fail on me mid-drive. It is in a tight spot which seems to be blocked by the frame on the bottom. You would need the hands of a small Japanese boy to get to it.

Any idea as to what it is and/or the easiest way to get that bugger off?

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    A picture would have helped. My guess is the oil cooler but like I said,snap a picture........
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Problem resolved, but a new problem sprung up. You were correct on the oil cooler.