Overboosting?

This is a discussion on Overboosting? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hello,this is my first post as I just picked up a used 2008 WRX. Love the car so far and ...

Overboosting?

Hello,this is my first post as I just picked up a used 2008 WRX. Love the car so far and hope to learn a whole lot more reading the forums but this problem just happened to me = Got on it a little bit the other day and at 5K RPM she jerked and CEL came on. Pulled the code and it's P0244. The car came with an Injen intake and a momo short shift kit; not sure what else it has.

Talked to my friend and he said to pick up a programmer and get a tune. There's a local shop selling the programmer for about 600... but I'm thinking about doing some more mods here pretty soon. If I don't push it I should be able to wait till the other mods are on before I get a tune yea? Thanks!

P.S. leaving for an errand but I will be back in an hour or so

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I suggest buying a tactrix cable, also purchasing the torqued performance stage 1 and 2 package. That way you have the map for now and then the downpipe for stage 2.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

I Support ClubWRX
    The Injen intake is the problem.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

After reading about intakes I thought it might be; should I consider swapping it out or once I get a tune it'll work itself out? The torqued performance link is found here? Thx for the help