03 WRX Whining/Grinding noise when accelerating but mainly decelerating.
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 03 WRX Whining/Grinding noise when accelerating but mainly decelerating. within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; It just started making the noise on the way to work the other day. I tried to take a video ...

03 WRX Whining/Grinding noise when accelerating but mainly decelerating.

It just started making the noise on the way to work the other day. I tried to take a video of it, pretty bad video but I think you can hear the noise well enough. Was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what it could be

Heres the video link 2003 Subaru WRX whining/grinding tranny noise - YouTube

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I can't hear it, when does it make the noise?

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Basically only when a gear is engaged. If I'm rolling in neutral its not so bad but as soon as I put it in gear it starts whining..some when accelerating but worse when im just coasting in gear

Ok, now today I was backing into my parking space and was welcomed by a loud clunk and the car wouldn't move backwards....I didn't push it too hard though. I managed to move it forward about 20 feet after a few clunks and get it parked. It is still shifting fine so I don't think its the tranny. Any ideas? Also anyone know if I tried to drive it somewhere to get it fixed if I could really blow something up?

mine seems to whine only decelerating if i down shift in like higher gears and dont have the clutch in. i found a thread on it a while ago and i think it said is was a common thing for the 02 and 03's. and wasnt doing any harm. and idk about your last post whats wrong. ill try to find the thread i mentioned

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.