2012 TPMS (issue) keeps turning off and on - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 2012 TPMS (issue) keeps turning off and on within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by T0rque check the spare tire.. Does anyone know if the spare tire has a sensor? they usually ...

KHP
    Quote Originally Posted by T0rque View Post
    check the spare tire.. Does anyone know if the spare tire has a sensor? they usually do have tpms sensors also and could be tripping a light.
    My spare tire doesn't. So I would think non of the 2011 WRX's have them.
    2011 WRX Limited Spark Silver (5 Door)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

mrd
    I think that I've read somewhere that only 4 tpms could be registered to one car. That's the reason I didn't put tpms to my winters. Would have to go to dealer every time I change my tires, or buy the device to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    I'd check the cold tire pressure first.You cannot tell if pressure is upto spec by looking at it.A drop of 5psi will trigger the TPMS.

Spec can be found on the driver side door jamb.
    Love the front bumper lip

I just bought a new wrx last sat and my tpms light comes on after ten minutes of driving. Think they over inflated too

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jonkim View Post
    I just bought a new wrx last sat and my tpms light comes on after ten minutes of driving. Think they over inflated too
    Check your tire pressure. If the tire pressure is fine then bring it back to the dealership to have them recalibrate it.

Overinflated doesn't turn the TPMS light on, nothing happens in that case. Other than bad tire wear, that is. But I had several occasions where just cold outside temps would to it.
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

I Support ClubWRX
    IIRC someone posted how his tires were severely over inflated & this triggered the TPMS. He let the air out & the light went out.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by Ingo View Post
    Overinflated doesn't turn the TPMS light on, nothing happens in that case. Other than bad tire wear, that is. But I had several occasions where just cold outside temps would to it.
    false. severely overinflated tires will cause the TPMS light to blink and stay on indicating a fault in the system. also a rapid drop or increase in approx. 2psi will also trigger the light for a short time until the system sees a stable pressure. i.e. large pot hole

I Support ClubWRX
    I correct myself. Actually read that in this thread some time ago,LOL.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Most Japanese imports are shipped with high tire pressures to protect them from getting "flat spots" or other tire related problems that could occurred from sitting for long periods of time. I have taken delivery of numerous imports and the dealership failed to adjust the tires to the proper vehicle rating. I check my tire pressures now on all my new cars. It's kinda sad during pre-delivery inspection this gets missed a lot.

depending on how bad the tires are over inflated, the light may or ma not come on.
    also, typically, spare tires will not have a sensor unless its a full sized spare. I still have yet to see a sensor on a temporary spare tire.
    I have also seen m tpms act up on my car. I had a nail in one of my tires, plugged I, reset all the pressures, and a week later the light came back on. checked all the pressures and they were all still at factory specs. put the car on the lift and ran it in gear roughly a mile and went off

OK, I stand corrected, maybe. Don't really care, I have not yet had any serious over-inflation. It would be good habit to check sometimes anyways, just like oil level and such. People are just getting WAY to lazy with the modern gizmos. These things are still cars that need a certain amount of care and also a way of handling that I find many people today are simply missing. Like not turning the steering while the vehicle is stationary, or not pulling the steering wheel against the stop, ever. A good tire pressure gauge is a must...
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.