O2 sensor

This is a discussion on O2 sensor within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey, I threw a code for running lean in chamber one. So I replaced my front o2 sensor, then cleared ...

O2 sensor

Hey, I threw a code for running lean in chamber one. So I replaced my front o2 sensor, then cleared the code. It stayed off for about 200 miles then came back on. So, my question is, should I look for another solution or is it normal for the CEL to come back on for a while?

There are no modifications to the car, bone stock.
    "when the turbo spools, it's like you're in a time machine"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    What was the CEL code number?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

P0171 System Too Lean (Bank 1)

I Support ClubWRX
    Clean the MAF. Clean intake, replace air filter, seal filter housing correctly. Confirm vacuum connection to fuel pressure regulator. Confirm no vacuum or boost leaks. Search PO171 for more detailed troubleshooting info.
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Clean the MAF. Clean intake, replace air filter, seal filter housing correctly. Confirm vacuum connection to fuel pressure regulator. Confirm no vacuum or boost leaks. Search PO171 for more detailed troubleshooting info.
    Ughh you guys on here are so knowledgeable! That looks like freaking Chinese to me.

I Support ClubWRX
    Odd...cause the car was made in Japan
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

Quote Originally Posted by DemonWRX View Post
    Odd...cause the car was made in Japan
    lol touche

I'm throwing this same code and I found some oil in my intercooler? Any ideas?

I Support ClubWRX
    How much oil? Some is normal.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

I Support ClubWRX
    Yes residue is not abnormal and I can't picture right now how it might relate to PI171. I'd troubleshoot as above and reset the ECU, and see what happens.

Just a little. But I've done the maf sensor and almost everything else. I'm running out of ideas. O2 has been changed. New filter. Changed the boost hoses. Checked all my vacuum lines changed what was needed.

I've done the maf sensor and almost everything else. I'm running out of ideas. O2 has been changed. New filter. Changed the boost hoses. Checked all my vacuum lines changed what was needed.