still smoking from under the hood....

This is a discussion on still smoking from under the hood.... within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My car has been smoking around the turbo area, I had taken it out, replaced all the copper washers on ...

still smoking from under the hood....

My car has been smoking around the turbo area, I had taken it out, replaced all the copper washers on all the banjo nuts. I also replaced the oil return line itself. And now it is still smoking. When I re-serviced my coolent, and run it under some pressure, let it cool down, and check it, my coolent level is still dropping. It's been about 4 days now. Anyone have any ideas where it might be leaking? Everything around the rad is dry. and everything around the turbo is too. Thank you.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Did you burp the system correctly? Burning coolant is an obvious,unmistakeable smell.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Yeah I did. It has finally leveled off. But its still smoking. It smells like oil again. I replaced my whole return line and hoses. I'm not sure if its the remaining oil just burning. Any ideas?