SEAFOAM TREATMENT???

This is a discussion on SEAFOAM TREATMENT??? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Has anyone tried the soafoam treatment? Good or bad? My wrx has 130k miles.. was going to give it a ...

SEAFOAM TREATMENT???

Has anyone tried the soafoam treatment? Good or bad? My wrx has 130k miles.. was going to give it a try, but figured id ask the experts first Thanks guys!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Never done it to my wrx since it hasn't even had its first oil change yet but I have done it a few times on my Audi. I do every other interval and I feel the car runs better afterwards. After you seafoam drive around a little bit for it to settle into the spots for carbon cleaning then change your oil and spark plugs. Every time you seafoam is its recommended that you get new spark plugs because the carbon waste from the seafoam cleaning will get onto your plugs and cause other problems.
    2011 WRX 5-Door WRB
    Cobb AP Stage 1 - SPT Exhaust - Bayson R Lip - 30% Tints

2006 Honda CBR600RR
    Jardine RT-1 Exhaust - Fender Eliminator - Integrated Front & Rear Signals

2001 Audi TT - Sold

Oh you're gonna need an extra set of hands when you inject into the vacuum line because someone needs to control the hose and can of seafoam and the other on the gas pedal.
    2011 WRX 5-Door WRB

2006 Honda CBR600RR

2001 Audi TT - Sold

What exactly is the seafoam treatment?

Sent from my DROIDX using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

What it says exactly on their website...

"Sea FoamŽ Motor Treatment is a 100% pure petroleum product that safely and effectively cleans internal fuel and oil system components, helping your gasoline or diesel engine run cleaner and more efficiently. Sea FoamŽ is an EPA-registered product, and will not harm engine components, seals, gaskets, catalytic converters or oxygen sensors.

Sea FoamŽ liquefies gum and varnish deposits or internal engine contaminants, removing carbon deposits, freeing sticky valve lifters and rings, improving idle quality, pinging and hesitation problems. By using Sea FoamŽ to eliminate varnish and carbon buildup, mechanics can more accurately diagnose mechanical problems that may exist. That is why Sea FoamŽ has been so popular with professional mechanics for over 65 years.

As a fuel system additive, Sea FoamŽ will clean carburetors, fuel injectors, clean carbon, gum and varnish deposits, add lubricity to fuel, stabilize fuel for 2 years and control moisture.

As an oil system additive, Sea FoamŽ controls moisture, gum, varnish and residue deposits."
    2011 WRX 5-Door WRB

2006 Honda CBR600RR

2001 Audi TT - Sold

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Abschatten View Post
    What exactly is the seafoam treatment? Sent from my DROIDX using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk
    Just search "seafoam" and the info will pop up . It can be used as a topend cleaner.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I personally use Amsoil Powerfoam, not the Seafoam brand.

As long as you spray it after your throttle body, its works.
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! - www.kronosperformance.com - Call/Text 732-742-8837 |
    AIM Screenname - KronosParts | GoogleTalk - sales@kronosperformance.com | Military Discount
    Kronos has Special Pricings on Process West & Agency Power!
    CONTACT US DIRECTLY FOR SPECIALS AND PROMOTIONS

For a vehicle with 130k miles it probably would be a good idea to use correct? However im not enthused about changing spark plugs since I just changed mine 6k miles ago

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexxy2Sexxy View Post
    For a vehicle with 130k miles it probably would be a good idea to use correct?
    Yes. Why would it be a bad idea? You can always check thier website for the instructions/recommendations.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

For a vehicle with 130k miles it probably would be a good idea to use correct? However im not enthused about changing spark plugs since I just changed mine 6k miles ago
    Well spark plugs are relatively inexpensive and the pros of doing the treatment outweigh the fact that you need to buy new sparks. In my eyes its worth it but you can always wait till your next oil change to do the treatment to get more out of the plugs if that's what you want to do.
    2011 WRX 5-Door WRB

2006 Honda CBR600RR

2001 Audi TT - Sold

I just broke 120k miles I'm kind of interested in this seafoam thing.

I Support ClubWRX
    I prefer to let sleeping dogs lay. However if you insist on the process, you could put the old plugs in beforehand. It's a shame to waste new plugs that have 90% of their service life left.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

seafoamed my wrx today.. had quite the smoke show.. took her for a spin and wow i am now a firm believer of **** in a can!