Smell in cabin with heat. Nervous

This is a discussion on Smell in cabin with heat. Nervous within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I'm just curious to see if someone can help me. I can't tell if it is exhaust fumes or if ...

Smell in cabin with heat. Nervous

I'm just curious to see if someone can help me. I can't tell if it is exhaust fumes or if it's just bad air from maybe the heater. Naybe bad cabin filter but when I have the heat on it's kind of like a musty smell I'm just nervous to make sure I'm not inhaling exhaust fumes. I've had the car for over a year it's a 2002 Bug eye. The smell doesn't make me dizzy or nauseous or anything like that. Im not smart or handy wih cars just looking for help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Does it smell like gas?

Otherwise there is a good chance your filter is moldy.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

there was no cabin filter in the car popped one in though. could this have caused the problem? once im back home tonight im going to check if it smells. if it does then i guess it may be exhaust ive been breathing a while -_-

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by soobaroo30 View Post
    there was no cabin filter in the car popped one in though. could this have caused the problem? once im back home tonight im going to check if it smells. if it does then i guess it may be exhaust ive been breathing a while -_-
    A cabin filter may reduce odors but will do nothing against CO and other toxic gasses like gas fumes.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb