Question about Air intake

This is a discussion on Question about Air intake within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys, so i bought a air intake a couple months ago as my first mod to my 2002 wrx, ...

Question about Air intake

Hey guys, so i bought a air intake a couple months ago as my first mod to my 2002 wrx, i got it thinking that my engine would compensate for the increase
    air , so the air fuel mixture would be correct and not lean but ive seen some people say that i need a engine management to correct the mixture . so i was wondering if this is true , if it is ive been running lean for a while =(
    Shifting Day n Night in my RedRex

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

these cars are very snesitive to intake changes due to its mafs. i would suggest gettign a wideband if you have not already and a tuner to compensate, it may not have hurt it, but its better to know then to hope. plus once you buy the tuner and wideband, you own it, so no need to buy it again.

I Support ClubWRX
    Some intakes are worse than others. Without data, we can't say whether it's an issue or not. Do you have any ability to datalog or read from the ECU?
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I have the Cobb Sf intake , i do not have any dataloging devices nor do i have the cable that connects to comp.

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Some intakes are worse than others. Without data, we can't say whether it's an issue or not. Do you have any ability to datalog or read from the ECU?
    Shifting Day n Night in my RedRex