Digital EGT issue.

This is a discussion on Digital EGT issue. within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hey guys, was driving my car tonight and i noticed when i got in it something wasnt right. i have ...

Digital EGT issue.

hey guys, was driving my car tonight and i noticed when i got in it something wasnt right. i have a 14point7 digital egt gauge, and up until now its worked perfect. it has only been installed for two days.

heres whats happening, when im driving just cruising, it reads fine. once i get into it a little bit it goes to 400F (which is the lowest the gauge displays) but once i let off after a moment it will begin reading correctly again.

does anybody know what this could be? is it the power to my gauge (even tho it does not turn off) or is it the egt probe? i pulled the probe and it visuallly looks fine, not bent, warped, a little bit of discoloration but that would seem typical for something seeing in excess of 1k degrees.

here is a small video i made to help explain what is happening. dont mind the shaking please i recorded it on my phone.

Egt gauge problem - YouTube

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I would probably contact the company about the issue.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S