Stiff and whining steering wheel! Help!!!

This is a discussion on Stiff and whining steering wheel! Help!!! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok so yesterday saw my wrx 2004 needed some power steering fluid, so I put some to where it say ...

Exclamation Stiff and whining steering wheel! Help!!!

Ok so yesterday saw my wrx 2004 needed some power steering fluid, so I put some to where it say "max". And then I
    Turned on my car and tried to turn the wheel it started to whine and got really stiff. Do I need a new power steering pump? It also started to leak there the pump is. What should I do?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sounds like you have a leak. I think if you fix the leak and bleed the system of air, your issue should be solved.
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

Quote Originally Posted by jd92677 View Post
    Sounds like you have a leak. I think if you fix the leak and bleed the system of air, your issue should be solved.
    How do I do that?

I Support ClubWRX
    Find the leak and fix it. Refill with the correct fluid from Subaru. Support the front using jack stands and with the power steering reservoir cap off and the motor on, turn the wheel end to end several times.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Find the leak and fix it. Refill with the correct fluid from Subaru. Support the front using jack stands and with the power steering reservoir cap off and the motor on, turn the wheel end to end several times.
    Well on the pump is where it leaks the fluid. I see fluid in the container bubbling up. It looks like if it's boiling with all the bubbles.