Car stalling issue
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Car stalling issue within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey again guys i recently got a Cobb V2 Accessport flashed stage 1 93 octane LWG and im running a ...

Car stalling issue

Hey again guys i recently got a Cobb V2 Accessport flashed stage 1 93 octane LWG and im running a K&N Typhoon with a greddy catback. A few months ago had my engine rebuilt put NGK iridiums to replace the factory plugs its an 04 wrx so thought a little tune up wouldnt hurt. So after the rebuild it ran fine then my turbo inlet one of the nipples broke loose and i had a tech at work try to replace the inlet and he ruined my turbo with a big screwdriver longggg story short and 2k later and a new turbo and subaru to rebuild it i went down the road b4 the rebuild and hit fuel cut bc the nipple leading to the t fitting for the boost pill was closed causing my boost to shoot over 20psi and after having subaru install my new turbo every once in awhile i get this weird starting issue where the car will start then immediately die or just last night it missed at idle in the parking lot waiting for my girlfriend to get out of work then stalled. fired back up no problems no driving issues then when i got home same issue. could it be Spark plugs or maybe a bad MAF?
    2004 WRX Cobb SF
    TurboXs RFL Recirculating
    Invidia V2 DP SRS Catback 285hp 283ft lbs

Jimmy
    Blobeye Syndicate #3553

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Could be the intake not being supported by COBB causing MAF issues. I would start by putting the stock airbox back and see if the problem goes away.
    Last edited by jd92677; 01-15-2012 at 08:58 AM.
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

I would start by using a comma. Or period. Or any sort of punctuation
    2011 OBP WRX::Invidia Catless DP::Cobb CAI::TP 93 STG2::KB STS::Perrin Sways::

I Support ClubWRX
    You just put new spark plugs in. Without a CEL/DTC it could be alot of things. Take the car back to your mechanic............
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

had it towed to my mechanic and he said that it sounds like a fuel pump issue. Its in his hands now and i ran the intake before the accessport and it didnt cause any maf problems but i wouldnt doubt that being a problem.
    2004 WRX Cobb SF
    TurboXs RFL Recirculating
    Invidia V2 DP SRS Catback 285hp 283ft lbs

Jimmy
    Blobeye Syndicate #3553

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.