how to Identify differentials already installed 04 wrx, tarmac diff?

This is a discussion on how to Identify differentials already installed 04 wrx, tarmac diff? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So I recently purchased an 04 wrx wagon that was said to have "jdm sti ra cryo treated gears and ...

how to Identify differentials already installed 04 wrx, tarmac diff?

So I recently purchased an 04 wrx wagon that was said to have "jdm sti ra cryo treated gears and cusco 1.5 center diff"

I can't find a CENTER 1.5 diff anywhere, only the tarmac setup, which I read was bad if you didn't also do front and rear LSD's

I emailed the owner previous to the person I bought it off and he replied saying that he traded a 95 impreza for the transmission and work but said it had a 1.5 FRONT diff and cryo treated sti gears... I get the feeling not even he knows what was done, and there's no paperwork..

Soooooo... Is there a way to see what I have? With out taking it all apart?

What is the front center and rear diff setup in a stock wrx anyways?

If I have the tarmac center diff only is that bad with the stock wrx diffs?

It finally snowed and was a bit icy today, and it defeniatly behaves like a rwd car,.. do wrx do that stock? Or is that the tarmac center diff

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Tapatalk sucks. It made that all one paragraph even though I broke it down, sorry

bump?

I Support ClubWRX
    There is no way to tell what center diff you have without cracking the transmission. The stock wrx has an open front diff and a limited slip rear if I recall correctly.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S