2003 WRX Valve Clearance Adjust, While It's Open....

This is a discussion on 2003 WRX Valve Clearance Adjust, While It's Open.... within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ive been chasing the random misfires & am finally left to have the valve clearances checked. Im taking the car ...

2003 WRX Valve Clearance Adjust, While It's Open....

Ive been chasing the random misfires & am finally left to have the valve clearances checked. Im taking the car to Subaru of Gwinnett for the work & was curious if there was anything easy I should have done while they are adjusting the valves. Of course, the valve cover seal will be swapped, but anything else I should have them do while they are in there? I can always delay the repair & order some parts if y'all have some affordable suggestions.

Once the misfire issue is resolved, I will consider a 18g turbo upgrade & will change all the hoses (turbo inlet, intercooler, and vacuum).

oh, and I'm Derek by the way! I'll be around!
    here's my dirty car
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 1.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	156.9 KB 
ID:	101607

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Oh yea, they're expecting a minimum of $875 to adjust the valve clearances. That sound right to you guys for a DEALERSHIP?

When I went to the dealership today, I asked to speak with the mechanic beforehand so I could share with him all that Ive done to try and fix the problem. He highly recomended running a couple more bottles of injector cleaner before I paid the money to have the valve lash adjusted. I've only ran one bottle of injector cleaner so far. The estimate of $875 will be the minimum charge, but it will most likely be higher.

Very helpful mechanic by the way. He also blew off the idea of cleaning the bolt holes on the coil packs because there is a ground wire already in each harness. He seems convinced on the injectors.

About to order a new Turbo Inlet Pipe too