2011 WRX After one year: Issues/Problems?
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2011 WRX After one year: Issues/Problems? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I'm coming up on 1 year old this month for my sedan. I have an ongoing journal thread, but I ...

2011 WRX After one year: Issues/Problems?

I'm coming up on 1 year old this month for my sedan. I have an ongoing journal thread, but I thought it would be interesting to compile a list of similar issues that other owners have gone through the first ~12 months of ownership. Here are mine with ~17,000 miles on the odometer.

Front Bumper Crack
    ABS/VDC/Hill Assist Lights (UPDATE: x2)
    Rear Deck Rattles
    Crazy Right Turn Signal
    Subaru paint quality. The more I look at her, the more she chips!
    And if you want to get really particular, the rear LED taillight went out a little too soon.

All in all, this first year has been a blast and I can't wait for many, many more. How what about the rest of you?
    Last edited by djclue8713; 10-21-2012 at 05:42 PM. Reason: Paint. Nuff said.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I have rattles and a front bumper crack. But I hit debris at 70mph so that's to be expected. I had zero rattles until I put in a 10" sub. So I'm not sure I have the right to complain
    2011 OBP WRX::Invidia Catless DP::Cobb CAI::TP 93 STG2::KB STS::Perrin Sways::

Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers? BigDaddyRex's Avatar
    I'm 11 months in and other than a flat tire I haven't had a single issue with the car. No rattles for me at all. I have gotten enough light scratches on my paint that may reflect the lower quality paint they use, but nothing tragic. Hope I'm not jinxing myself but so far so good.

And of course, she has been a blast to drive. It's taken a little bit to really get a feel for a turbo motor again, and to explore the performance of the car, but I think I've hit a real comfort zone at this point, and every drive is one I look forward to.
    - Chris
    2011 WRX DGM (The Fastest Color) 5DR
    Cobb AP Stage 2 93, Cobb DP, RAs, STS (the dream comes true ...)

I Support ClubWRX
    Ive had 50 days of ownership and here are my issues:

Rough idle-near stall then idle pick up at stops

Timing belt "guides" bent rubbing timing belt ruining it in 19,000 miles ($840 later)

Subaru factory placing the A/C stretch belt on backwards (I say factory because 6 other 2011 owners sent me pics of the same issue) causing the above $840 bill to be MY bill and NOT oem warranty (FU SoA)

A Pillar/dash rattles

B pillar rattles

c pillar/rear deck rattles

Subaru Paint

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

^ that mess with the ac belt is complete bull.. my 2010 is a factory installed belt and is also on there exactly the way yours was Bo..
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

mrd
    One year.
    I scrached Front bumper, my bad aproach to driveway.
    Driver seat lumber support got broken. They replaced it under waranty.
    Thaks to livermore subaru I got loaner, till they fixed my car. Big plus to them.
    Subaru paint "-"
    Last edited by mrd; 01-08-2012 at 10:57 PM.

Couple of months for me. (2012)

Minor rattle in passenger door when playing loud music with bass. Will fix one of these days.

Some a$$hole put a dent in my fender in the parking lot. Fixed for $120.

I Support ClubWRX
    11 moths here

The well known cargo cover pole rattle (will fix one of these days)

Driver's heated seat switch was bad (fixed under warranty, charge would have been $68)

Gas flap not opening as it should (fixed under warranty, charge would have been $41)

Scratches on under side of front bumper (scraped on driveway during road work)

Dent on passenger's side rear door due to an inconsiderate douche with a shopping cart last week while at the grocery store.
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

I Support ClubWRX
    14 month and 16k miles

rattles...oh, the rattles. (most are my fault though - mounts, bushings, etc)
    bad front blinker bulbs ("crazy turn signals") - replaced under warranty
    fogging fog light - replaced under warranty
    intake manifold vacuum hose popping off - clamped it, but not sure why they didn't
    couple rock dings in the buttery paint (touched up a couple)
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

Oh wow forgot to mention the third time I drove it, 1 month after owning it the clutch went. SOA replaced under warranty. I think ah the time there was 500 miles on it

Also the USB port in the center console broke. Not sure why I had to replace that. But I paid $120 for it

18 months and 30k miles. My biggest complaint in the seat squeeks horrendously when it's cold. Never been to the dealer for anything yet.
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

Quote Originally Posted by SRTSamb View Post
    Oh wow forgot to mention the third time I drove it, 1 month after owning it the clutch went. SOA replaced under warranty. I think ah the time there was 500 miles on it

Also the USB port in the center console broke. Not sure why I had to replace that. But I paid $120 for it
    Mine is not working either. I used to be able to charge my Evo with it but one day it stopped working. It won't pick up my girlfriend's iPhone when plugged in as well. Not covered under warranty??

Quote Originally Posted by djclue8713 View Post
    Mine is not working either. I used to be able to charge my Evo with it but one day it stopped working. It won't pick up my girlfriend's iPhone when plugged in as well. Not covered under warranty??
    Not covered. Not sure why. My father in law who owns three subies seems to think that there was some kind of bumper to bumper no matter what it was warranty. But I didn't ask. The USB unit itself was broken. there was a piece in the middle of where the iPod cable connected to the USB internally that was busted. They fixed it but it cost me.

Quote Originally Posted by jd92677 View Post
    18 months and 30k miles. My biggest complaint in the seat squeeks horrendously when it's cold. Never been to the dealer for anything yet.
    Hey! My driver side does that. But it seems like its a loose bolt. Jeeze I keep remembering these things now. Haha. What's ironic is I just don't seem to care at all. It's a fun car.

I Support ClubWRX
    ^ Yep, definitely a loose nut in the driver's seat.
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast