2011 WRX After one year: Issues/Problems? - Page 8
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

This is a discussion on 2011 WRX After one year: Issues/Problems? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a front bumper crack, and the fasteners that connect the bumper from the black part of the wheel ...

I have a front bumper crack, and the fasteners that connect the bumper from the black part of the wheel well are missing. Where would you get these replacement fasteners?

I had the blinker problem, and the dealer said it was a pinched wire. It was fixed under warranty.

The speaker rattle is easily fixed with foam or cardboard between the door and plastic. The dealer put some cardboard in there for free. It reduced the rattles.

I have a small slice in my tire sidewall, and I have a slow leak in another tire. Would you use tire sealant on a performance tire? I don't think I would want, but it's way too soon to get a new set of tires. I need to take it in to get the leak repaired.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Not a WRX owner yet, I'm working on it, but my 2007 Impreza Wagon had to have the rear rotors and pads replaced last year at around 55,000 miles. The front rotors and pads are fine. How can rear brakes wear out faster than the front? Other than that it's been fine, totally reliable.

Close to one year too (may):

A pillar rattle: got fix by dealer for free

Rear deck rattle: the a pillar was making more noise than this one and i only discover how bad it was after fixing the A pillar so next oil change ill do it.

Paint: I have about 3-4 chip that are on steel and need a fix, i ordered a kit on expresspaint.com, ill do that as soon as it gets hotter outside. I live in a really small town with not alot of traffic and i never tailgate ppl so its not too bad. OEM wheels also got some chip from changing tire (summer to winter) the guys werent carefull but they will only be used for winter now as i bought some 18x8.5 gforce for summer.

Bumper: I have a little crack under it but its my fault and i cant see it unless i look under.

Windshield: 2 rock chip. I dont know why but the windshield feels thin to me. My previous car wasnt like this.

Sideskirt: One looks a bit off (only seeing it when i open both door) but i think its maybe when the guy installed my rally armor mudflap, not sure but im not worried about it.
    Last edited by Ticopain; 03-27-2012 at 01:44 PM.

I know this is an old thread, but I've officially had my 2011 WRX for a year now and wanted to post my experience anyways. I've put 26,000 miles on it thus far and have enjoyed every single one of them! The car is a blast to drive and I love taking anywhere I can. I've driven a lot, mostly b/c of my commute (although I did carpool) and to see my family on occasion. Now I live 10 minutes from work so hopefully I won't put too many on her this year...

The only issue I've had that wasn't caused by me was the crazy turn signal, which I just replaced the bulb on my own and it hasn't happened since.

I had the right front fender cover thing fall off and I tried to get the dealer to replace it but they insisted that it was my fault it fell off and my bumper cover was "loose" (see below). Every other WRX I've seen has had that same piece missing This actually happened while driving on crappy Baltimore roads and I had no idea it fell off until my coworkers pointed it out to me the following Monday. I got the part from Fredbeans for cheap and plasti-dipped it so it doesn't look too plain. It looks fine, I should probably do the other side to match... The part is really poorly held on with these stupid plastic clips, it really is a bad design.

I did hit a curb pretty bad (my fault) back when I first had the car. My excuse is that I wasn't used to having a wider car and the front right end can be hard to judge when doing U-Turns or parking manuevers. This ended up rubbing my wheel & tire bad too so I replaced the tire with a used one. The damage was pretty deep. This incident also cracked a few bumper cover supports that I eventually replaced when I got the side vent.

I wore out the stock set of tires already, but that's because of my new autoX addiction. Replaced them with the cheap Hankook Ventus' so I can get back to cone murderin'. I would like to take it to a race track though and VIR ain't too far...

I don't have any rattles, but that could be just me. The last car I drove was older than I am so I was used to a lot of noise.

So far so good though! It has taken a beating from me and my crazy driving and hasn't let up. Can't wait to do some more mods!

Bought my '12 WRX Sedan April 26th so I'm going on almost 5 mos. Reflashed Cobb Stage 1/91 octane OTS at 700 miles. Now I have clocked 10,200 miles. (Yeah I like to drive) No mechanical problems so far with the exception of squeaking passenger seat. As said above paint is like butter. I love my car and glad I didn't trade for BRZ.

Quote Originally Posted by T0rque View Post

Rough idle-near stall then idle pick up at stops
    What did you have to do to fix that or is that just how it is?

Justin
    2012 WRB WRX
    Last edited by rudeboi0427; 08-29-2012 at 03:12 PM.

2011 WRX After one year: Issues/Problems?

I too have the crazy right front blinker. I bought a bulb, but now it looks near impossible to change. I have a 2011. The dealer unfortunately is 2 hr away... Is there an easy way to change the turn signal bulb that I am not seeing?
    Yellow lights mean go faster!!!

Quote Originally Posted by twister8008 View Post
    I too have the crazy right front blinker. I bought a bulb, but now it looks near impossible to change. I have a 2011. The dealer unfortunately is 2 hr away... Is there an easy way to change the turn signal bulb that I am not seeing?
    I changed the left one and it really wasn't difficult. We did pop off that little side vent thing to get to it easier. I would try that or at least taking off the plastic cover under the engine and going up from there.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by twister8008 View Post
    Which side? Driver side: Take the battery out, and done. Passenger side: I came in through the fender liner to avoid taking out the intake box.
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

Well it's been 2 years and 41000 miles later the car is still running strong. Most recent issue I had during the winter was a busted driver's side door actuator.

It started off intermittent, but then finally died about a month later. Using a key to lock/unlock the door sucks.

Two years of ownership at 22,000 on the clock.

Rattles like a son of a *****

Squeaky pillars.....all of them

Garbage sound system

Cruise control stopped working at 16,000 had a claim open and the dealer told me that the portion of the ECU that controls it may be fried and as a result of the tune they will not warranty it if that is the case. I have yet to bring it in so they can replace the satellite controls. Planning on that soon.

Other than that I love the car

2.5 years of ownership (26k miles) not much to complain about.

Some small paint chips, clear bra still holding up well and worth the every penny. Interior is squeaky but not so much that it bugs me. The gauge cowl squeaks but I just wiggle it a bunch and it goes away.

My 3rd gear doesn't like to be shifted above 3k RPM and I plan on taking it to the dealer to be looked at, haven't gotten the opportunity yet. (Read: I don't want to give up my car for a few days)

The floor carpet is a joke. I ruined that stuff within only a few months of ownership, even with the big rubber Subaru floor mats. I don't care though, it's a Subaru.

I keep having to "fix" the damn fuel door ever 6 months or so. It progressively pops out less and less.

Still frustrated with the performance blips across the RPM range on the stock tune. I.e. the power curve is not very smooth. I'm hoping that a custom tune will solve that problem.

Managed to strip one of the rear sway bar clamp screws but that could have been my fault.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
    2011 WRX Limited, DGM; full tint, SPT CBE/STS w/ bushings, RA flaps, Enkei PF01s, Pink SuperTones, and ClubWRX.net stickers!
    My Photostream
    about.me

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678