2011 WRX After one year: Issues/Problems? - Page 6
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2011 WRX After one year: Issues/Problems? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by DemonWRX I just got a thing of touch up paint from Subaru (, has both pen and ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonWRX View Post
    I just got a thing of touch up paint from Subaru ($10, has both pen and brush applicators). I would not mind getting a better quality of paint than the stock, but as it is just for touching up rock chips, there is no real point. Not to mention that the OEM will fade at the same rate as the Subaru touch up....better quality paint might fade less over time, making your re-touches more visible.
    +1
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    how would he fix it if his fuel door won't open
    I had to work at it for prolly 5 minutes. Mess with the door, walk back around & pull the lever, walk around push & pull a few times, walk back around, pull the lever, etc. Eventually it opened. I was determined to open it since I was outta gas, and knew prices were going up.

I'll give the DIY a try tonight and see if I can get it to work. As much as I appreciate the warranty, sometimes it just ain't worth it.
    2011 WRX Limited, DGM; full tint, SPT CBE/STS w/ bushings, RA flaps, Enkei PF01s, Pink SuperTones, and ClubWRX.net stickers!
    My Photostream
    about.me

Quote Originally Posted by DemonWRX View Post
    I just got a thing of touch up paint from Subaru ($10, has both pen and brush applicators). I would not mind getting a better quality of paint than the stock, but as it is just for touching up rock chips, there is no real point. Not to mention that the OEM will fade at the same rate as the Subaru touch up....better quality paint might fade less over time, making your re-touches more visible.
    I agree, the touch up paint at the dealership can definitely get the job done but I find the touch up paint that you get from the dealer works best on the bumper or places that are a little less apparent. The reason why I forked over the 50$ for the kit by Dr. Colorchip is the pummeling my fender took from a few rocks the other night. Knowing its in a location that is much more visible than my bumper the blending solution that comes with the kit was really appealing. Whenever I apply touch up I always blob, I don't I have the "touch" when using those types of touch up so I'm hoping this is my solution lol.
    2011 WRX 5-Door WRB
    Cobb AP Stage 1 - SPT Exhaust - Bayson R Lip - 30% Tints

2006 Honda CBR600RR
    Jardine RT-1 Exhaust - Fender Eliminator - Integrated Front & Rear Signals

2001 Audi TT - Sold

BUMP, anyone else noticing lovely swirl marks and light surface scratches when filling up at the gas station at night?

Quote Originally Posted by djclue8713 View Post
    BUMP, anyone else noticing lovely swirl marks and light surface scratches when filling up at the gas station at night?
    I feel like my car is one big swirl mark lol. Im glad the weather is getting nicer because that means I'll be giving the car a full detail very soon. I am also starting a job soon in the city where I'll be taking the train rather than driving so I may keep the car under a cover while I'm away... just in time for the new price spikes in gas!
    2011 WRX 5-Door WRB

2006 Honda CBR600RR

2001 Audi TT - Sold

I took delivery of my 2011 last Dec. 2010. I have around 8k on her. Love this car! So far I have had crazy blinker, dealer fixed. Some rattles in the door from music with heavy bass, haven't fixed this yet. Rattle in the rear hatch, kind of comes and goes, I just turn up my music and either I have gotten used to it or it's gone, I never hear it anymore. USB port in center counsel works only when I unplug and plug back in the ipod as car is on, I asked the dealer about this and he said to take it to a car stereo store, this kind of pissed me off but I'm going to up grade the system one day. Gas lid has been stubborn a few times but opens mostly, i'm going to tweak that little black piece next time I fill up, see what that does. So far so good, great little car! Gas prices suck in CA, I paid $4.23/gal. last fill! Oh yeah scratched the lower right bumper pulling in the garage, my fault! Also put some scratches under the front bumper pulling into and out of steep driveways. Otherwise all good, paint seems to be holding up quite well, however my commute is 6 miles and I just don't drive a lot.

Drivers door clunked when open/close after one month. Turned out bolts were loose on all four doors. Something about the turn signal wiring harness causing a failure. Rear deck on the sedan was rattling. All fixed by dealer

Quote Originally Posted by daddyb View Post
    Drivers door clunked when open/close after one month. Turned out bolts were loose on all four doors. Something about the turn signal wiring harness causing a failure. Rear deck on the sedan was rattling. All fixed by dealer
    I just started hearing my drivers door clunk too when I open and close. You had the dealer fix it? Do you know what they did?
    2011 WRX 5-Door WRB

2006 Honda CBR600RR

2001 Audi TT - Sold

When I did my stereo I had them coat the doors with dynomat and he re attached some plastic piece part of the crush guard in the door and it is fine. Doors make a thump like a German car now when they are closed and no rattles
    97 Ninja 600r sold
    99 integra gsr sold
    02 pathfinder sold
    01 YamFZR 600 sold
    04 WRX Sold
    2011 WRX DGM
    Good judgement is based upon experience. Experience is based upon BAD JUDGEMENT!!!

Just about 15,000 miles... small scratch under front lip from pulling into a crazy driveway (can't see it unless you're looking under the car), some light scratches scattered most likely from the carwash and my parent's F***ing cat, only a few tiny rock chips on the hood from semi trucks on the interstate (thank god I got a clear shield sprayed when I first got it otherwise my front bumper would be toast), a few side skirt f***-ups from careless people thinking they can rest their door on my wrx, some squeaking of the A pillar when it's cold, no big deal, my left turn signal went whack for a couple days and just quit all of a sudden so no longer an issue as far as I'm concerned, other than that she's pretty clean Oh haa one time my check engine light came on and I couldn't figure out why, ran diagnostics with cobb ap, still didn't know what was goin on, my buddy told me it might be my gas cap that was loose and it was, stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy_c View Post
    I just started hearing my drivers door clunk too when I open and close. You had the dealer fix it? Do you know what they did?
    Hinge bolts loose on all 4 doors. Drivers was the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by mangostick View Post
    They all have ****ty paint.. sadly its a quirk of the brand. I really hate to be the bearer of bad news but that chipping problem will only get worse and spread.
    So has anyone taken their bumper to a local body shop to have it resprayed?
    Are the bumpers made of some material that needs a better adhesive?
    Can a local paint shop add some kind of plastique/plastic filler to make the paint more pliable instead of just chipping off?
    2012 DGM WRX Hatch // SPT CBE // Cobb AP Stage 1 // 35% tint

Quote Originally Posted by 2011WRX-SD View Post
    Just about 15,000 miles... small scratch under front lip from pulling into a crazy driveway (can't see it unless you're looking under the car), some light scratches scattered most likely from the carwash and my parent's F***ing cat, only a few tiny rock chips on the hood from semi trucks on the interstate (thank god I got a clear shield sprayed when I first got it otherwise my front bumper would be toast), a few side skirt f***-ups from careless people thinking they can rest their door on my wrx, some squeaking of the A pillar when it's cold, no big deal, my left turn signal went whack for a couple days and just quit all of a sudden so no longer an issue as far as I'm concerned, other than that she's pretty clean Oh haa one time my check engine light came on and I couldn't figure out why, ran diagnostics with cobb ap, still didn't know what was goin on, my buddy told me it might be my gas cap that was loose and it was, stupid.
    Yeah, I have a few scratches from some ****ing cat too.

I had the same gas cap issue with my wife's Honda the other day. I went up to an AutoZone, borrowed their code reader, looked up the code, and found the solution: tighten the cap. ~Dumbass.
    2011 WRX Limited, DGM; full tint, SPT CBE/STS w/ bushings, RA flaps, Enkei PF01s, Pink SuperTones, and ClubWRX.net stickers!
    My Photostream
    about.me

Quote Originally Posted by AmateurX View Post
    Yeah, I have a few scratches from some ****ing cat too.

I had the same gas cap issue with my wife's Honda the other day. I went up to an AutoZone, borrowed their code reader, looked up the code, and found the solution: tighten the cap. ~Dumbass.
    Lol yeah

I have 1,400 miles on a stock 2011 WRX and hear rattling on front pillars/dash when it's cold. Sounds like others have had similar experience (although might be the result of mods). The car is clearly under warranty. Has anyone tried to get this addressed at the dealer?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast