2011 WRX After one year: Issues/Problems? - Page 5
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2011 WRX After one year: Issues/Problems? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by tommy_c My front drivers side fender got raped with rock chips last night. The chips missed my ...

Quote Originally Posted by tommy_c View Post
    My front drivers side fender got raped with rock chips last night. The chips missed my clear bra and hit right on the exposed area... lucky huh? lol And before anyone suggests that I shouldn't tailgate, I wanna clear up that I didn't tailgate. I hate tailgating and tailgaters so that's not they way I drive. Why did I get pummeled with rocks... beats me. I heard the hits and knew I was gonna see some chips. This stuff happens so I'm not super bummed out but I felt the need to vent lol. I ordered another bottle of touch up and as soon as I get it I'll do a small write up. It seems the thin subaru paint has claimed another victim haha.
    Where did you get your touch-up from? I need to get me a bottle.
    2011 WRX Limited, DGM; full tint, SPT CBE/STS w/ bushings, RA flaps, Enkei PF01s, Pink SuperTones, and ClubWRX.net stickers!
    My Photostream
    about.me

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by AmateurX View Post
    Where did you get your touch-up from? I need to get me a bottle.
    Touch Up Paint from PaintScratch.com

They match the paint very well. Kinda slow with delivery but I can live with a longer wait and have better quality. This is my second time ordering from them. I bought a 1/2 oz. paint pen from them once and I can't recommend the pen simply because the tip drys out very quickly and become useless. This morning I ordered the 1 oz paint bottle with a brush built into the cap for about $20 shipped. Its a pricier company to buy from but they come through with their products.
    2011 WRX 5-Door WRB
    Cobb AP Stage 1 - SPT Exhaust - Bayson R Lip - 30% Tints

2006 Honda CBR600RR
    Jardine RT-1 Exhaust - Fender Eliminator - Integrated Front & Rear Signals

2001 Audi TT - Sold

Man, I've got about 1300 miles on my wrx and after reading this thread I see that I have a lot to look forward to lol. I love my subie and its my first new car but sometimes I wish I bought a used one so the stress of keeping this thing looking new didn't keep me up at night.

Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers? BigDaddyRex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramathorn15 View Post
    Man, I've got about 1300 miles on my wrx and after reading this thread I see that I have a lot to look forward to lol. I love my subie and its my first new car but sometimes I wish I bought a used one so the stress of keeping this thing looking new didn't keep me up at night.
    Understood - I've bought used for years (this is MY first new car ... ever), so they came scratched and dinged, so it never was much of a concern. It was actually kind of freeing. Now I notice every damn mark on the car, avoid trees with falling anything, fear gravel and take into consideration bird migration patterns when parking outdoors.
    - Chris
    2011 WRX DGM (The Fastest Color) 5DR
    Cobb AP Stage 2 93, Cobb DP, RAs, STS (the dream comes true ...)

mrd
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyRex View Post
    Understood - I've bought used for years (this is MY first new car ... ever), so they came scratched and dinged, so it never was much of a concern. It was actually kind of freeing. Now I notice every damn mark on the car, avoid trees with falling anything, fear gravel and take into consideration bird migration patterns when parking outdoors.
    Well, I try to skip parking under trees, street lamps. Birds are my biggest anime. Their produce can demage the paint if not washed in timely maner. Park away the cart places, and wait for kids to grow up, as it is so tempting to clean the dirt by scratching the car. After a while it doesnt mater.

Yesterday my fuel door wouldn't open. I've seen discussions here where others have had the same problem. Looks like I have to go to the dealer to get that fixed too.
    2011 WRX Limited, DGM; full tint, SPT CBE/STS w/ bushings, RA flaps, Enkei PF01s, Pink SuperTones, and ClubWRX.net stickers!
    My Photostream
    about.me

I Support ClubWRX
    It's an easy fix if you want to save a trip to the dealer. You just need to bend that little metal piece a bit.....hard to explain without a pic.

Found one...
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

I Support ClubWRX
    or you can have it fixed under warranty by the dealer......and laugh when you sign the paperwork showing that it would have cost $40 if not for the warranty
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

I Support ClubWRX
    Dude, I fixed mine while my gas was pumping. It's just a waste of time to take it to the dealer. Push the black/rubber part towards the car till it bends about 20 degrees. Done.
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread

I Support ClubWRX
    how would he fix it if his fuel door won't open
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    A credit card or two should suffice. If not, 4 Piece Nylon Pry Bar Installer Kit

Greg

Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by tommy_c View Post
    Touch Up Paint from PaintScratch.com

They match the paint very well. Kinda slow with delivery but I can live with a longer wait and have better quality. This is my second time ordering from them. I bought a 1/2 oz. paint pen from them once and I can't recommend the pen simply because the tip drys out very quickly and become useless. This morning I ordered the 1 oz paint bottle with a brush built into the cap for about $20 shipped. Its a pricier company to buy from but they come through with their products.
    I think I'm gonna cancel my order from Paint Scratch and buy from Dr. Color Chip. I wanna avoid that blobbing of paint affect that happens so often and this seems like the way to go. I'll keep you guys updated.
    2011 WRX 5-Door WRB

2006 Honda CBR600RR

2001 Audi TT - Sold

WOW... just got off the phone with the Paint Scratch rep and they were the rudest people I've ever had to deal with. I noted a flaw in their policy and they lashed out at me. They offered to refund me the $5 shipping price and that was it. I cancelled my order because I did not want to deal with people like them and filed a dispute with the very nice customer rep from my American Express account.

Though the order will not break the bank for most people but it is the standards that they've set for their business that is making me fight to see they will never see a dime from me. I do not intend this post to scare people from buying paint from them. They are the middle guys, they outsource a painting factory that creates each order and they typically do a great job with paint match but Paint Scratch is not a company that I will ever work with ever again.
    2011 WRX 5-Door WRB

2006 Honda CBR600RR

2001 Audi TT - Sold

I Support ClubWRX
    I just got a thing of touch up paint from Subaru ($10, has both pen and brush applicators). I would not mind getting a better quality of paint than the stock, but as it is just for touching up rock chips, there is no real point. Not to mention that the OEM will fade at the same rate as the Subaru touch up....better quality paint might fade less over time, making your re-touches more visible.
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

Had the crazy turn signal issue appear on the passenger side yesterday...going to the dealer on Wednesday.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast