2011 WRX After one year: Issues/Problems? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2011 WRX After one year: Issues/Problems? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by jd92677 18 months and 30k miles. My biggest complaint in the seat squeeks horrendously when it's cold. ...

Quote Originally Posted by jd92677 View Post
    18 months and 30k miles. My biggest complaint in the seat squeeks horrendously when it's cold. Never been to the dealer for anything yet.
    My 2010 did that too.. I liberally shot every thing under the seat with silicone spray.

That was at 3500mi.. I'm now at 71,888 mi and not a peep out of it since then. Hose it down man, kill the squeaks!
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by mangostick View Post
    My 2010 did that too.. I liberally shot every thing under the seat with silicone spray.

That was at 3500mi.. I'm now at 71,888 mi and not a peep out of it since then. Hose it down man, kill the squeaks!
    We talked about it last year and I did what you said. It worked for the remainder of the winter but it is now back so I'm planning on a respray
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

Quote Originally Posted by T0rque View Post

Timing belt "guides" bent rubbing timing belt ruining it in 19,000 miles ($840 later)

Subaru factory placing the A/C stretch belt on backwards (I say factory because 6 other 2011 owners sent me pics of the same issue) causing the above $840 bill to be MY bill and NOT oem warranty (FU SoA)

Forgive the stupid question but how can I tell if mine is on backwards?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by kritzell View Post
    Thats the catch.You can't.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

heh.. yeah, non-directional belt. No way to actually put it on "backwards" .....
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Quote Originally Posted by lokey View Post
    ^ Yep, definitely a loose nut in the driver's seat.
    Hahahaha
    2011 OBP WRX::Invidia Catless DP::Cobb CAI::TP 93 STG2::KB STS::Perrin Sways::

Don't wanna jinx myself but no rattles at all lol about 4k on it only major problem I had transmission blown at the dealer right now getting fixed no loaner car sucks espically since they have had it already a week and he said Friday should be done....but warrenty is covering it so oh well

Quote Originally Posted by T0rque View Post
    Ive had 50 days of ownership and here are my issues:

Rough idle-near stall then idle pick up at stops

$5 and 5 minutes to a better running car :)

^ completely fixed that for me.

What lumbar support, is it and adjustable one? I use Livermor Subar also. Great dealership.

Quote Originally Posted by john2378 View Post
    Don't wanna jinx myself but no rattles at all lol about 4k on it only major problem I had transmission blown at the dealer right now getting fixed no loaner car sucks espically since they have had it already a week and he said Friday should be done....but warrenty is covering it so oh well
    Mods? Interested in the back story...

Quote Originally Posted by jd92677 View Post
    We talked about it last year and I did what you said. It worked for the remainder of the winter but it is now back so I'm planning on a respray
    Interesting because when I picked up the car it was freezing, negative temps to be exact. I figured that thing would rattle like crazy but it didn't. Maybe she needed a few thousand miles to loosen up a bit.

mrd
    Quote Originally Posted by thosonthego View Post
    What lumbar support, is it and adjustable one? I use Livermor Subar also. Great dealership.
    That's how they call it. It is back support, got broken when accelerating on hwy. Newer happened before, but they fixed it.

ive had mine for 6 months, so far
    - drivers seat rail broke, it was replaced under warranty.
    - passenger side A-pillar squeaks when cold, stops when the car warms up. havent taken it in yet, probably fix myself soon.
    - every time I wash it I see more small paint chips, but thats kind of to be expected as most are in the front bumper.

I absolutely love my car regardless, but this is my first brand new vehicle. I usually always bought cars that were two or three years old. Most of us seem to have had minor issues, some major. Is this normal of many different brands of cars? I thought Subaru was fairly decent in quality, maybe the state of japan at build time is to blame.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by kritzell View Post
    If you remove the alternator cover, according to the oem service manual the belt should be FACING you as in the wordage is ledgeable. If your AC stretch belt words face the motor according to the oem service manual YOU have replaced the belt incorrectly..

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by SrCain View Post
    - every time I wash it I see more small paint chips, but thats kind of to be expected as most are in the front bumper.
    They all have ****ty paint.. sadly its a quirk of the brand. I really hate to be the bearer of bad news but that chipping problem will only get worse and spread.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    SUCH IS MANGO!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mangostick View Post
    They all have ****ty paint.. sadly its a quirk of the brand. I really hate to be the bearer of bad news but that chipping problem will only get worse and spread.
    yup

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.