Clutch questions

This is a discussion on Clutch questions within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So I have an 03 wrx and its my first subaru. I've had it for only a few months and ...

Clutch questions

So I have an 03 wrx and its my first subaru. I've had it for only a few months and ever since i got it, the clutch has always been really stiff. Its really hard to push in and it kinda grabs late. I'm not sure if thats a bad thing, if a lot of them are like that or what? I checked the fluid and its fine. anyone have any comments?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    How many miles? Any modifications?

My 03 was the same way on the stock clutch when I bought the car with 77k. I lived with it until 90k, then replaced the clutch, and it's much, much lighter.

Your clutch is probably on its way out.

Sent from my CM7 Nook Color!
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

its an 03, with about 114k and no its all stock. did you do it yourself or did you pay to have it done.

I Support ClubWRX
    I had it done with Subaru OEM parts at the dealer. For a stock car, I would recommend the Exedy OEM clutch (identical to Subaru's, since Exedy makes all of Subaru's clutches, but about half the price), and a stock flywheel. Subaru does not have a spec for flywheel resurfacing, it is a wear item and should be replaced. For those parts found online (shop the vendors here, most carry these parts) plus labor, you'd mostly likely be in the $600-$800 range.

I would have bought the parts online and had my tuner install it, but the dealer gave me an incredible deal I couldn't refuse since I had just given them $6k in bodywork business after my car was hit.

Sent using Tapatalk
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson