Wierd noise coming from rear - Video included
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Wierd noise coming from rear - Video included within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hello! I am new to the forum - I own a 2007 WRX Wagon. I just bought the car in ...

Wierd noise coming from rear - Video included

Hello! I am new to the forum - I own a 2007 WRX Wagon. I just bought the car in November with a 3 month warranty - so any bug it coughs up I am trying to fix. I already took it in for e brake trouble and brakes squeaking. I took it in and told them a noise was coming from the rear - they called and said it was power steering. Took the car back and drove it few more days - NO WAY is it power steering. Return the car and drove with the technician so he could hear what I am hearing.

Finally after some warm up he figured the sound was coming from the differential rod/fluid and it probably just needs changed.

I did some research and listened to others but it doesn't really sound like that - it sounds like a loud rub. It only happens on sharp slow turns/coming from a stop AFTER the car has been driving for good 10 minutes.

So I took the car back because he said he needs to call around to find out what sort of fluid it needs and its not a big deal - its been 2 weeks and I haven't heard back (gonna call here tomorrow) just wanted to get your input on what you guys think??

I don't want to keep driving if it IS a big deal. I just hope I didn't buy a lemon

Video is dark but you can hear the sound...
    Car making funny noise - YouTube

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

anybody??? now the dealer is sending me to a subaru dealership to fix the problem - if IT IS just the differential fluid needed replaced why is a used subaru/jeep dealership sending me to another one to fix a simple problem?

Have you checked the brakes? I've had a similar noise and it turns out my rear caliper was a little offset, causing the pad to age prematurely, and turned into a small grind on the rotor.

Yes. I am going to tell Subaru to re-check them because I don't think this dealership I got the car wants to deal with the problems.

When I bought the car they said it has all new everything - two weeks later my brakes were screeching really bad. Took it in they said it was from rain - I took it bad in to show them the sound then they were like "oh yeah thats bad" and "fixed it". They were good for a couple of days now they are screeching again and when he checked the noise out he said they will make some noise because they aren't the most expensive brakes???

So I am wondering because this noise didn't really seem to pop up when I test drove or had the car - when he "fixed" the brakes if he didn't put them back on right. I don't know much about cars but I don't think its the differential fluid- Its not a clank or a clatter - it sounds like a RUB when I turn sharply, and come from a stop.

Took car in to a Subi dealer - they quoted me $947 for warpedpads, warped rotors, and a leaky calliper. They said all my stuff is aftermarket meaning not Subaru brand. Really almost a grand??
    I called the used dealer to explain the price and how I shouldn't have to pay that for a car I just bought.

First week I had the car I had them check the brakes from the noises they were making and they said they were fine.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.