Wierd noise coming from rear - Video included

This is a discussion on Wierd noise coming from rear - Video included within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hello! I am new to the forum - I own a 2007 WRX Wagon. I just bought the car in ...

Wierd noise coming from rear - Video included

Hello! I am new to the forum - I own a 2007 WRX Wagon. I just bought the car in November with a 3 month warranty - so any bug it coughs up I am trying to fix. I already took it in for e brake trouble and brakes squeaking. I took it in and told them a noise was coming from the rear - they called and said it was power steering. Took the car back and drove it few more days - NO WAY is it power steering. Return the car and drove with the technician so he could hear what I am hearing.

Finally after some warm up he figured the sound was coming from the differential rod/fluid and it probably just needs changed.

I did some research and listened to others but it doesn't really sound like that - it sounds like a loud rub. It only happens on sharp slow turns/coming from a stop AFTER the car has been driving for good 10 minutes.

So I took the car back because he said he needs to call around to find out what sort of fluid it needs and its not a big deal - its been 2 weeks and I haven't heard back (gonna call here tomorrow) just wanted to get your input on what you guys think??

I don't want to keep driving if it IS a big deal. I just hope I didn't buy a lemon

Video is dark but you can hear the sound...
    Car making funny noise - YouTube

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

anybody??? now the dealer is sending me to a subaru dealership to fix the problem - if IT IS just the differential fluid needed replaced why is a used subaru/jeep dealership sending me to another one to fix a simple problem?

Have you checked the brakes? I've had a similar noise and it turns out my rear caliper was a little offset, causing the pad to age prematurely, and turned into a small grind on the rotor.

Yes. I am going to tell Subaru to re-check them because I don't think this dealership I got the car wants to deal with the problems.

When I bought the car they said it has all new everything - two weeks later my brakes were screeching really bad. Took it in they said it was from rain - I took it bad in to show them the sound then they were like "oh yeah thats bad" and "fixed it". They were good for a couple of days now they are screeching again and when he checked the noise out he said they will make some noise because they aren't the most expensive brakes???

So I am wondering because this noise didn't really seem to pop up when I test drove or had the car - when he "fixed" the brakes if he didn't put them back on right. I don't know much about cars but I don't think its the differential fluid- Its not a clank or a clatter - it sounds like a RUB when I turn sharply, and come from a stop.

Took car in to a Subi dealer - they quoted me $947 for warpedpads, warped rotors, and a leaky calliper. They said all my stuff is aftermarket meaning not Subaru brand. Really almost a grand??
    I called the used dealer to explain the price and how I shouldn't have to pay that for a car I just bought.

First week I had the car I had them check the brakes from the noises they were making and they said they were fine.