Subaru WRX Forum banner

Coolant leak. What hose is this?

8K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Ajax2029 
#1 ·
I have coolant leaking from a hose coming out of the passenger side firewall right next to the downpipe. I have looked through my service manual, googled the internet, and searched nasioc and here but cant seem to find someone else having this issue. Can anyone tell me what this hose is and if it's supposed to connect to some other part of the coolant system?

Auto part Rim

See less See more
#5 ·
Positive it's coolant. It's green, and it smells/tastes like coolant and my car is losing coolant. I have checked every other coolant connection on the engine, including the TB coolant lines, and all are dry. I am guessing a leaking heater core? I guess the only way to find out is to dig into the dash.

#6 ·
That's your a/c evaporator drain, the only way coolant could come out of there is if the heater core is leaking, but that will usually leak on the floor inside the car and you would smell it through the vents

#7 ·
Thanks jd, I am thinking the same. I havent run my heat (down in FL for the holidays) so I havent smelled coolant from the vents or felt or seen coolant on the floor. I think I'm gonna temporarily bypass the heater core until I can rip the dash apart.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.