Short Ram Air Intake Question

This is a discussion on Short Ram Air Intake Question within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just installed a short ram air intake and I'm losing power at about 80 mph would anyone happen to ...

Short Ram Air Intake Question

I just installed a short ram air intake and I'm losing power at about 80 mph would anyone happen to know what the problem could be? The MAF is pretty close to the inlet could that be it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Pretty sure I supplied you a link earlier in the day to read before doing any mods. The problem you might be experiencing is one that has been documented for over a decade. Might help if you included what intake you have. Read this...............
    CobbTuning.com - Aftermarket Intakes
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Yeah I figured it was the maf sensor wasn't getting smooth air flow to pick up a clean sample. When it started running lean I couldn't figure it out. I guess i kinda figured "its just a air intake how hard could it be?" Sorry I'll be sure to read up before I resort to the forums again. Thanks again

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    What brand is the intake? Did you have the car properly tuned for said intake?